Episode 02

All info was from the internet. Crdts to the rightful owner.

□■Episode 02■□

Title:

Love Does Much, Money Does Everything

Transcription:

"Ai wa ōku o nashi eruga, kin wa subete o nashi eru"

Japanese:

愛は多くを成し得るが、金は全てを成し得る

○●Date aired●○

April 16th, 2020

💸💲💳💷💶💴💰💵💸💱💴💷💶💳💶💵💲

A visibly upset Haru Kato tells his boss, Yukihito, that he cannot be a suitable mentor for Daisuke. Yukihiro listens to his concerns and tells him not to worry about it then, as Daisuke should be able to take care of himself anyways as an adult. On cue, Daisuke enters the office and Yukihiro guides him to his seat. As Mahoro Saeki offers the newcomer some candy, Shinnosuke kamei yells over something on his computer and, exasperated at the noise, Haru tells him to be quiet. Shinnosuke exclaims that the model Akiko Hoshida had passed away from a drug overdose, which greatly shocks Haru as he shouts and forces his way past Shinnosuke to glance at the screen.

Shinnosuke dejectedly comments on how Akiko was Haru's favorite model, but Haru ignores him and asks why they were receiving news through the media and not through the case. Shinnosuke informs him that their department doesn't receive this type of information. Mahoro sadly watches them as Daisuke chews the candy.

Haru then tells his chief that he would be making his way over to the Stop Shoplifting Campaign and wistfully exits the room into the hallway. His thoughts are interrupted, however, by Daisuke following him. Annoyed, Haru asks him why he was accompanying him and that he would be alright by himself, but Daisuke insists on coming along.

The pair arrive at Shinjuku and walk past its station, where they see two entertainers perform. Haru stops to watch them and notes how desperate they are. Daisuke immediately drops a 10k yen bill into their donation hat and they excitedly claim it and leave to drink. Haru tells Daisuke off and tries to inform him that the performers weren't acting for money; rather, they were doing it to improve their own skills and by giving them money, they lose their motivation to work. Daisuke ignores him and sniffs, pointing out the presence of mescaline much to the performers' dismay.

The next day, the performers are interrogated separately in two rooms, A and B. Daisuke sits in room A and questions his subject about his possession of the drug, using his technologically-advanced gear to point out the lies and inconsistencies. After further interrogation in which Daisuke offers to buy information, Haru watches from the side and, disgusted by Daisuke's methods, leaves the room. He meets up with Shinnosuke and complains to him about Daisuke, stating how Daisuke should learn from his superior, Chosuke nakamoto

In the second interrogation room, room B, Chosuke guilts his subject into confessing whom he had obtained the drugs from, a model named Yuta Isezaki. Both he and Daisuke exit their rooms and reveal the same name: Isezaki. Daisuke's subject happily exclaims in the background about the money transferred to him.

Haru and Daisuke go to investigate Isezaki with Haru's friend, reporter Akira Mita , who introduces himself as a freelance journalist for "Weekly Bunshu." The trio observe Isezaki's actions as he spends his week with numerous female models from a company named Millennium Entertainment. The model then meets up with another group of girls, one of which Haru is unable to recognize but becomes infatuated with. Akira notices that this black-haired girl is likely Isezaki's "favorite" as she joins him in his car.