Actual Celebrity

Courtney spent her day looking through job offers - no, her moving wasn't that well-planned. But after a day looking at the screen of her PC she started feeling down again. But she refused to stay home and cry her eyes out again, that's not what she came to LA for! She grabbed her coat and walked out of the home, looking for a café where she could relax and take her mind off of Australia.

She found this tiny cozy coffee place in the corner and walked in. She sat down by the window and looked out. The ambiance was somehow so different from Australia, more than he could've imagined, but she couldn't exactly say what had changed.

- ...Courtney Act? - she turned around to discover a tiny waitress openly staring at her, her mouth quite open.

- ...do I know you? - the aussie girl asked in confusion. The waitress giggled nervously.

- Oh! No, no, of course not! I follow you on Instagram. I'm your biggest fan! I almost fainted when I saw that you were moving here. - she smiled, and Courtney noticed that she was shaking a little. - I'm Joslyn!

- ...oh, hello, Joslyn. - Courtney grinned. She didn't know she had fans, and she didn't know if she was supposed to find it flattering, but she guessed that it was a step closer to becoming a singer. - I would like a cup  of black coffee, please.

- Yes! I'll be right back. - Courtney barely had time to breathe when Joslyn was back with the cup of coffee, a napkin and a pen. - Could you sign this for me? - she inquired. Courtney started to feel slightly uncomfortable, but as the people-pleaser that she was she smiled and signed the napkin. - There's a party tonight. This place doubles as a club. Will you come with me? Please? I want to show my friends that I know an actual celebrity.

Courtney was most definitely not "an actual celebrity" and was about to say no before she realized that the other option was sitting at home crying. Joslyn didn't know how pathetic her life was here in America. In high school she was a responsible kid, but she did enjoy partying. She would be lying if she said that she wasn't one of the popular ones. Plus, she hadn't gone clubbing in a while, and most definitely not in America. She smiled brightly with that shiny smile of hers and nodded. Then she wrote down something on the napkin.

- Here's my number. Text me the time and I'll be there.

Joslyn's shaking became more evident as she grabbed the napkin and went back to the counter, still staring at her.