Chapter 1

Hi guys. This is my first time writing a novel so feel free to criticize it as much as you want. I need all the advice I can get. Thanks. :D I do not own the videos and pictures including the book cover.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes opened as the alarm rang.I sat up, groaning. Even after 3 months, I still couldn't get used to the large bed or room. Who would have believed that I went from my old house to this place. I was born into a working class family. My father was the CFO of a sports company, while my mother was a woman whose interest changes as often as an chameleon changes color. Due to that, she could not hold down a steady job. Still, I was able to learn many skills such as music and sports. We were not rich as the company was not popular, but I had a very happy childhood. Sadly, that happy childhood was shattered. A tragic accident took away the lives of my parents. I was an empty shell and I sat wondering what would happen to me now. I had no one that was dear to me. I barely see my relatives and I do have a brother, although we are not on speaking terms, but that's another story.Through my thoughts, pieces of conversation floated in.

"Poor child...so young...I can't take care of her...What are we going to do?...inheritance...money..." I smirked. They were only after the money. What else do you expect from a bunch of greedy people. Suddenly, a man in his early fifties(or at least he appears to be so) came barging through the door. Who was he?

"Which one of you is Arlene?" he asked.

"Me," I replied.

"From now on, you will be under my care." He declared.

...............................................

"What!" everybody shouted.Who was this guy? Is he insane? He just said that he will be my guardian out of the blue. And I didn't even know him. He must be mental.

" Who are you?" someone asked over the noise.

" I am her grandfather and I will take her to my place. And don't worry." he replied. "I'm not after her money like the rest of you." He smirked

The crowd gasped.

I though my future had taken a turn for the better. Boy, was I ever wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is just the beginning.