Chapter 5

As I was strolling towards the gate, I saw a crowd of girls squealing and screaming. Right away I knew that he had arrived, my childhood friend, Edward. He was a superstar that debuted two months ago and quickly rose to the top of the chart. It was mainly due to the fact that he was drop dead gorgeous. He had black hair and blue eyes, a perfect contrast to his hair. He also had a six-pack and a muscular build. He had a huge fan club consisted of mostly girls, although there are a few gay guys mixed in, but hey, I have nothing against them. I always wanted a gay best friend. Anyway, he always had girls swooning at his feet wherever he goes. As I got closer, I could see that Edward was flirting with the girls, all of them with barely any clothing on them. Most had heavy make-up. They were all trying to get his undivided attention.

I rolled my eyes and scoff. Typical.

"Hey, Edward!" I shouted. The girls flocking around him swerved around and glared at me, the girl who called out their idol.

"Hi, Arlene." he replied, a huge smile on his face and his eyes lighting up. The gasps that came from the heartbroken girls was hilarious. I was on the ground, clutching my sides in laughter. Then I got up and smirked at the girls.

"Hi, girls." I said.

"Who are you and what do you think you're doing, saying hi to Edward Hunter?" One of the girls hissed.

"Tsk,tsk. Jealousy is making you cute girls very ugly." I said in mock sympathy. All the girls sneered at me. Then Edward grabbed me in a big hug. All the girls ran away, crying.

"You know, you were flirting with them and now, you made them cry. You're too bipolar." I teased.

"Well, I am popular with the girls. I can't help it if they throw themselves at my feet. I am the only who can get away with being bipolar after all." He teased back, flashing a smile that would have made any other girl swoon. I was the only one immune to it.

"Yeah, right." I snorted.

"Anyway, it's time to go. Are you ready?" he asked, getting serious.

"Yeah, let's get this over with." I said, sighing. We jumped into the car and sped off.