One

(i lowkey wrote the second half of the chapter at almost 3 am, so it is like, a crack part-

also, 100 points to whoever gets the not-so-subtle hamilton reference- tbh, awsten here is just me in my mind, so, like, me, without the social anxiety)

Awsten sat down with his coffee and played on his phone. He did this almost daily, mostly because he didn't have work until noon. He glanced down at the name on his wrist. It was a weirdly spelled name. Geoff. Was it "GE-off" or "Jeff", he couldn't tell. He sighed and looked into his coffee cup. 

Awsten felt a tap on his shoulder and saw a tall, yet handsome man looking down at him.

"Why, hello, cutie, may I ask what the name on your wrist is?" the tall stranger said, looking at the sitting boy.

"Uh, sure? I don't even know how to pronounce it..." Awsten said, holding out his wrist with the name.

"That... that's my name," the stranger said.

"No way, what's yours?"

The stranger lifted his sleeve slightly above the name, showing the familiar name to Awsten. His name. He went to touch it softly before the stranger yanked his arm away and push his sleeve back down.

"Ok, ok, know what, if this is your name, please, please, please tell me how to say it. Like, is it 'GE-off' or 'Jeff'?" Awsten said, slamming his hands down on the table, nearly knocking over his coffee, "Oh shit-" he muttered before looking at Geoff. Geoff looked like he was going to explode laughing.

"Don't laugh at me, answer me!" Awsten said, making an emphasis on the last part.

"Ok, fine, it's said 'Jeff', but you've got some explaining on what your name is, I feel like a substitute teacher trying to say it," Geoff said.

"Ughhh, it's said 'Awsten', like, uh, the city, 'Austin'," Awsten said, sitting back down, drinking some coffee.

"It's a nice day, why are you in the coffee shop?" Geoff said, looking outside.

"Dunno, it's like, a routine, but I don't have work until noon if you want to take a walk," Awsten said, smiling big.

As soon as they went outside, there was a small protest going on. Geoff started to ignore it, but Awsten had another plan.

"CONGRESS DOES NOT SPEAK FOR ME!" a protester yelled. Geoff noticed Awsten was gone. Awsten was looking at the protesters.

"AWSTEN! LET HIM BE, IT'LL BE FINE!" Geoff called out. Oh, but how late was he.

"MY DOG SPEAKS MORE ELOQUANTLY THAN YOU!" Awsten shouted, causing the protester stormed over. Geoff sighed and grabbed Awsten's arm, pulling him away before things got messy.

"Awsten, please-" Geoff started.

"Geoff, I'd rather let these protesters know my opinions than be quiet, you don't gotta be nice to everyone," Awsten said, begrudgingly walking away from the crowd. Geoff simply facepalmed and followed Awsten.