Arc 1-8 : Face-Slapping the Film Emperor and Empress (Entertainment Circle)

There was a loud crash from Han Zikui’s side. Zhou Xu smiled and hung up the phone. Yes, he had strength. Why should he stand being accused of holding thighs? He and Han Zikui were always on the same level, and they each shined on their own. Why should his success be connected to someone else?

With a smile on his face, Zhou Xu found that he really was liking Han Zikui more and more.      

On the second day of the Jinmei Award Ceremony, the major media were all about  the film emperor and empress walking on the red carpet. However, each newspaper gave Zhou Xu a lot of pages, because he was so cute that all the people in the industry liked him very much. Huaxia Entertainment also put a lot of effort in promoting him.

At the same time, Zhou Xu’s Weibo fans increased like crazy and his reputation as “dishonest mouth, honest actions” was widely accepted, and Zhou Xu was even called Meng Shen.

Zhou Xu also predicted that one more point would arise, which would be from the award ceremony when Han Zikui whispered into his ear, causing him to blush and hide his face. And sure enough, when the shot was released, a hot topic on Weibo was: Can you guess what Han Dao said to make Meng Shen shy?

There were a lot of guesses on this topic.

Zhang Hanshu was almost forgotten by all the media. Occasionally, a few of them remembered, but that was only because he and Zhou Xu both won the Best Newcomer Award.       

Looking at the reports about Zhou Xu, Zhang Hanshu’s eyes became dark. He did not understand why he lost to Zhou Xu every time. He obviously worked harder than Zhou Xu, and he had been more popular than him in the beginning.

“What’s wrong Zhang Hanshu?” Sun Yue was in a good mood after being named film empress again.

Zhang Hanshu turned around and held Sun Yue, whispering, “Am I really not as good as Zhou Xu?”

When Sun Yue heard that Zhang Hanshu felt uncomfortable, she also felt uncomfortable. So she thought about it and said, “Isn’t Wang Junwei particularly disgusted with Zhou Xu? We can make use of that.”

Zhang Hanshu loosened his arms and looked at Sun Yue with a little doubt. Sun Yue gave a light laugh and kissed Zhang Hanshu. She said, “Wang Junwei is a fool. All it will take is just a little provocation. All artists have black spots, which are difficult to erase.”

Seeing that Zhou Xu’s fans were almost the same amount as Zhang Hanshu’s fans, any news about Zhou Xu were quickly spread. That’s why heavy material about Zhou Xu suddenly surfaced on the Internet, declaring that Zhou Xu deceived his fans. He acted egotistical, gambled, drank excessively, was violent, visited prostitutes, etc., practically everything. A pot of dark ink was poured onto Zhou Xu.       

When Zhou Xu saw these stories, he was very calm. In the entertainment circle, there were many people with stains to their name, and they were still popular. Zhou Xu just calmly looked for the username of the informant, checked the id, and found out the true identity of the informant. He then hacked his computer, copied his files, and even saved chat records.

These things were a piece of cake for someone like Zhou Xu, who had experienced a hundred worlds.       

On the day when news about Zhou Xu broke, both Huaxia Entertainment and Zhou Guo were ready to help Zhou Xu, but they were stopped by Zhou Xu because he could take of the situation himself.

In his office, Han Zikui asked Zhou Xu what he needed to do to help Zhou Xu. Zhou Xu replied, “Tomorrow, at around 10 PM, call a policeman for me to file a report on someone, on Wang Junwei, because he himself gambles and has drugs in his possession. At the same time, help me find a lawyer to sue Wang Junwei for defamation and slander.”