Wedding Jitters

Every mother dreams to see her children married. Be it in a tuxedo or a wedding dress. Well, Myer's mother don't want her daughter to get married.

"Are you sure you want to go through this?" Myer's mother, Felicity asked for the umpteenth time since Myer introduced her boyfriend to him three years ago.

Myer turned away from the large dressing mirror in front of her and looked her mother up, hazel coloured eyes wide in fury. "What the hell, mom?" She was clad in a silky thigh length white camisole covered in a white fluffy robe.

"Young Lady, watch your language." Grandma Parker bellowed. She turned to Felicity, amusement swirling in her familiar hazel eyes. "And Felicity dear?" She called rather softly, her face not portraying any of the softness. "Why the hell will you not let Sweet Muffin be?" She growled. She cleared her throat softly. "Excuse my language." She muttered, softly causing us to snicker. "Sweet Muffin, go on with what you were doing."

"On it.." The girls from Belle Beauty went on with their job of pulling and twisting of her hair, painting her nails and her face. How Myer sits through this hell is beyond me.

Fecility was being a bit over the top. She had been drilling Myer this question since she mentioned getting married to Lucas Fernwick. The Lucas Fernwick. It was not just about Lucas. She hates men near her daughter.

I, very much, remembered the first Myer's parents invited Raymond, Myer's first parent aware boyfriend to dinner on a fateful saturday evening. Myer dated three guys before Raymond without the awareness of her parents. They were very strict about her having no boyfriend until she was 18. Myer invited me to give her moral support for when her mother starts drilling Raymond.

What her parents failed to understand was that they couldn't follow Myer everywhere especially school. That's where Perry-winkle comes in. Perry, Myer's brother was practically her shadow through out our freshman year. After he graduated, I never saw him, which was kinda my doing. I never wanted to see him.

At a point, I thought Raymond was gonna pee his pants. Myer's father, Patrick was a very easy man. While on the other hand, Felicity is nothing but.

Poor Myer's ass was dumped the next monday. Raymond couldn't bear being with Myer after Felicity's grilling the former saturday.

It was also very funny to watch her parents treat her like a virgin when she actually brings guys up in her room for sleepovers and more.

"Leona!!"

I looked up at everyone staring. When I mean everyone, I meant every pair of eyes in the large room of Myer Parker, daughter of Patrick Parker of Parker Construction Co., soon to be Mrs Myer Fernwick, wife to the sole heir to Devin Shipping Corp. and finally, best friend to sweet little Leona Rosso, decorated in pink and varieties of pink stuff toys. And of course, other bride's maids were gossiping and laughing, already dressed in their peach coloured dresses like mine.

"Did you hear what I said at all?" Myer reprimanded me.

"Nope." I answered, honestly.

"I'm not wearing my dress." She screamed.

"Umm... Go wear it." I answered, smartly.

"Well, where is it?" She screamed more if possible.

"Oh.." I pursed my lips. It finally clicked. Her dress is not here, yet. And it is not going to be here anytime soon. I wasn't so smart after all.

"Well, go now." Elaina, one of the bride's maid and older cousin urged, the corner of her lips tugged in an amused smile.

"Right." I ran out of the room, the end of my dress in hand.