Chapter 1

"Ava! Time to wake up!" My mother shouted from my doorway. I groaned, knowing it was just only a Saturday this cold October day. 

"I'm awake." I managed to say even though I'd love to stay asleep seems how it's only 10:36 AM. I rubbed my tired eyes and stretched my arms over my head before I made my way downstairs.

I take a seat in the kitchen and grabbed an apple to munch on.  I finish and I look at my dad, who's at the other end of the table.

"So any plans for today Dad?" I asked while yawning, still very tired. I need to learn to go to bed soon. 

"Well, just the usual, I have to go back to work in a few and there's a new guy that i have to show around later." He said unamused.

"Oh? Does he live close?" The only reason I asked this is because most men my dad work with live fairly close to us for some odd reason.

"Actually yes. I think the next street over and I think he has a son that might be going to school with you. Because they live close, I think you'll have the same bus stop, but please don't be awkward around him. That's how you always are." 

"I don't mean to be, that's just how it is. And I'm socially awkward so yeah.." I said awkwardly.

"It's Saturday, you need to get out. Why don't you have your mom drive you and some friends to the mall? I'll give you money so you can get some new clothing and maybe new shoes, considering you've been refusing to buy new ones." He said sternly. 

As much as I wanted to argue back, I don't. He's right. I am in need of some new things and I'll be bored if I just stay here.

"Alright, I guess I'll have mom bring me, seems how you need to go back to work."

He nodded and kissed my head, leaving me.

I didn't mind not having my dad around much, I was used to being alone. My mom is usually home but it's hard on me considering she's a drug addict and an alcoholic. I've always wondered why my dad hasn't left her yet, but I think that's because he loves her way to much to let her go. 

I run back upstairs and throwing on a Blink-182 crew neck, a pair of skinny jeans, and some Uggs. I quickly straigten my hair and do my make.

I grab what I need and I exit my room to go get my mom.

"Hey uh mom?" I asked nervously. "Can you drop me off at the mall?"

"Go get in the car, I'll be there in a minute." She slurred.

I made my way into the car and trust me, I know I shouldn't have asked her to bring me, but I'm only 16, I can't drive yet.

Moments past and I see my mom locking the door and making her way to the car. Let's see how this'll go..