Chapter 10 part 2

"We have a deal, he stays away and he stays alive." Cesar tells Monse, in the car. "And what if he doesn't?" She knows the answer but she still has to ask. "Then I do what I have to do but we never talk about this again... no matter what happens." Cesar says. "So you're really a Santo now." Monse says. "Yeah." He tells her. "I probably should've told you last night." Cesar adds. "I probably wouldn't have listened anyways. I was kind of distracted when I knew you were ok." She smiles. They lean in and Olivia walks by the car at the wrong time. Monse and Cesar don't notice and he pushes back his seat and Monse climbs on his lap.
When they get back the house Monse makes sure to cover her neck and fix her lip gloss. "You look perfect." He tells her. "I just don't want Olivia to get suspicious." Monse explains while she walks towards the house. He feels bad for doing this to Monse but Cesar only wants to be with her. He catches up to her and bumps into the fireworks guy. "You mind if I use the tables out back?" He asks. "Yeah, sure." Cesar tells him quickly. "It's gonna be fine Monse, just take a few deep breaths and no one's gonna notice anything happened." He holds her hands. "Ok, let's do this." Monse walks inside and Cesar follows. "Hey." Olivia says awkwardly. She tries to hide the fact that she's hurt but seeing them together isn't easy. "Hey." Cesar kisses her cheek and Monse gets tense. "So what took you guys so long?" Olivia asks them. "What? Who moves them?!" Ruby yells and Cesar's saved. "A guy told me he needed them." He says. "It was the fireworks guy!" Monse adds. "We're having fireworks?!" Olivia smiles. "Thank you." Ruby says quietly. "Thank you everyone for spoiling the surprise! Yes, fireworks at nine-thirty." He yells. Monse completely forgot Olivia didn't know. "Nothing is spoiled." She tries to calm him. "Oh, no, we're just down a dama and a chambelan." Ruby tells her. "Maybe I just hide out for the rest of the night before he explodes." Monse whispers to Cesar. "I mean we can always go back to my car. He smiles. "The only upshot is that our D to C numbers are even again." Monse hears Ruby say. "D to C numbers? Is that dick to coochie?" Monse turns her attention back to Ruby. "Get your head outta the gutter! Damas to chambelanes. Now that Jasmine's out, you get to dance with me." Ruby explains. "My prayers have been answered." Monse says sarcastically and Cesar laughs. "Everyone, assume your positions!" Ruby tells them. "How do I look?This tie's been driving me crazy." Cesar asks Monse. "Looks great." She adjusts it for him. "Oh expect for that." Monse smiles and tries taking lipgloss off of his cheek. "Cesar, can help me?" Olivia says and Cesar turns around quickly. "Go, I'll see you later." Monse smiles. Olivia rolls her eyes. "What's going on with you and Monse?" She asks when the get in her room. "What you talking about?" He looks confused. "I've been saying you guys together all day. In the church, in the parking lot, just now in the living room." She crosses her arms. "What'd you see in the parking lot?!" He asks. "You guys kissed." She narrows her eyes. "Oh." Cesar says, relieved. "She was just happy I was ok and we slipped up. Nothing else happened." He explains. "Listen, I can't deal with this today. I'm just gonna dance with ruby and you two can do whatever you want." She walks out of the room. "Is everything ok?" Monse walks in a few seconds later. "Yeah." He nods. "Olivia just told Ruby she wasn't dancing with you. Did she us?!" Monse shouts. "She saw us kiss in the parking lot but that's it." He whispers and they sit together on the edge of the bed. "I think we need to tell Olivia." Cesar adds. "We can't do that." Monse shakes her head. "Why not?" He asks. "We can't do that to Olivia or the crew." She says. "But I wanna be with you." He says. "We went in way too deep. If we tell them now they'll know you cheated." Monse explains. "And? I never wanted anything with Olivia." He reminds her. "But you have something now." Monse says. "No, I don't feel anything for her and if she's being honest she doesn't feel anything for me." Cesar puts his hand on her thigh. "Did you guys sleep together?" She asks him. "No, never." He shakes his head. "If you could date her and feel nothing for her, how am I supposed to know this isn't just about sex?" Monse looks him in the eye. "I've had a crush on you since we met, this isn't about sex." He tries to assure her. "Will you guys hurry up!" Ruby yells from the other room.
Monse and Cesar watch as Olivia and Ruby dance. "Have you ever seen Ruby so happy?" She's almost forgotten about they're conversation from earlier. "Not since he got hair under his arms." Cesar says. "Last year." Monse nods. "You mean, last week?" They laugh. "You know you don't have anything to worry about." Cesar tells her. "I might not, but you do. If Olivia finds out she's gonna dump you." Monse says. "Doesn't sounds like I have anything to worry about either." He smiles. "We're up." He holds her hand. "You can't say that. Olivia likes you and you like her." Monse says while she tries to dance and smile. "Don't tell me how I feel. You're the one I wanna be with." Cesar says. "I'm not telling you how you feel, I'm just stating a fact." She defends herself. "Ok, so am I. I'm happier right now doing this stupid dance with you than I've ever been with Olivia." He spins and dips her. When the dance is finally over they stay holding hands and Cesar leans his forehead on Monse's. "I only wanna be with you." He whispers. Without thinking she kisses him.