1st Valentine

(Short Story)

Getting ready for a very special day,
A day, that couldn't be forgotten,
He confessed his love to me,
I just can't believe that he also love me,
This upcoming 14th of February,
He is my very 1st  Valentine.

Today is 13th of February, The day before Valentines day.

"Will you be my Valentines'?" He asked as he kneeled to offer me the flowers he had bought and a ring.

"Yes." I answered in joy and excitement as I received the flowers and placed on the ring in my finger.

When he stood up, I immediately hugged him tight to express my happiness.

On the next day is 14th of February. 

I was ready, excited, totally filled with joy.

As my door bell rang. I quickly dashed on to open it, as I opened.

It was only the mail man. I was quite disappointed and thought it was him.

I told myself, No Pressure he'll come. He always kept his promises whenever its me.

I waited, yet there is no sign of him. I tried calling, still no answer. I wasn't patient any longer, I decided to go to his place.

Seeing his mother at the door step. I approached her. Wondering why she's crying.

She handed me a letter.

"He asked me to give this to you" she said then turned around as she went in and left me.

I opened the letter as I saw written meaningful words. I was shock, as I burst in tears.

Dear Channel,

If you are ever reading this, I just wanted you to know. I love you. I love you with all my heart and soul. I love every part and inch of you. I will and always love you. Sadly, this day I have to leave you since... I'm on stage 3 Heart Cancer. Last February 13, I was so happy when you agreed to be my Valentine, the ring you wore is a remembrance of me, never take it off unless you found the right guy who'll never leave your side just like I did. So, continue your life, Channel. I love you very much. Don't ever forget that.

                                          Your Love,
                                            Vincent

As I was crying, I kissed the ring and whispered to myself 'I love you too' then. After how many years, I found another guy and as he told at the letter, I took it off releasing all the memories I had with him.

That guy I met was Drew, on the day we met was on 14th February, He officially became my 1st Valentine.