Dear Maximus

E-mails

Dear Maximus,

So in your last Email you asked about my lip ring. No it doesn't hurt right now, but It did within the first few weeks I had it. I have to use a disinfectant solution to clean the holes though, I dip a Q-tip in and then swab the spot where the rings go. I also have several rings made specifically for me, but that doesn't matter.

When did you dye your hair? Does it damage it? I want to dye mine but I'm slightly scared. My hair is blonde so I don't know if it would permanently dye it an ugly green or whatever. You work at a hair salon correct? I don't understand dyed hair like you do. See I work at Peonies and Daffodils, the small plant store down main ave. My manager Is absolutely horrific. She expects so much from us employees and failure is NOT tolerated.

You also mentioned that you are training to get your gun licence. I absolutely hate weapons. Like I know death is inevitable or whatever, but I just don't like the thought of weapons being free to whoever wants one. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of scared of my kitchen knives, I'm so bad at handling them, that I'm so scared I'll chop my hand.

Okay on a completely different note, we should meet up sometime! Y'know the restaurant across from the Yonda's Vintage Flip? We should meet up on Saturday, i'm free anytime on the day.

-Indigo

My dearest Indigo ♡♡

Yo girl! You haven't gotten back to me in a while and now you wanna meet up? I mean sure, I'm not gonna turn down the offer! I'll tell you all about my hair on Saturday? I'm free from 3 to 4, I have a business meeting after. I'm stoked for our date! I mean two months of talking and were finally meeting up!

Yours truly

Maximus

Indigo's, P.O.V

I scoffed. Maximus was so dumb. He actually believed that I was into him. Gods he's going to regret letting me in.

I glanced back at our E-mails and I smirked when I reread my impeccable lies. Maximus would only find out about my secret when I stab him in the back.

Literally

I worked as an assassin, not as a measly planter with a crappy boss. I am my own boss! I was hired by the second biggest mob boss in town to kill the largest mob boss's son. Who, in fact, was Maximus.

Saturday at 2:30

I looked at my reflection and sighed.

I had pulled up my hair into a ponytail, and I wore a burgundy skirt with fishnet stockings underneath. I wore it with a black tank top, and a leather jacket over top. I still wore black sneakers. I had to be able to run if I got into a sticky situation

I looked pretty and I hated it. I prefer to wear all black, and to braid my hair behind me. This innocent look bothered me. I wanted to change but this is what was going to attract Maximus.

I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts. I didn't need to attract Maximus, I needed to kill him! But my job may be easier if he trusted me more.

I glared once more into my reflection and ran out the door before I could second guess myself any more.

At the restaurant

I walked in to see Maximus sitting at a table dressed in jeans and a blue button up shirt with white triangles on it. His dark skin glowed where the sun hit it, and I had to stop for a minute when I saw him smile at me. He had full lips and dreadlocks that were pulled into a ponytail behind his head.