U023-H Runaway

((Collab with Kobaltic))

The night was cold and gloomy as a storm rolled in, drenching everything in cold water. Other than the occasional thunder, the neighborhood would have been quiet. Only if the inclusion of crying and heels running across the concrete didn't exist.

A blonde-haired nephilim ran across the sidewalk to find her brother, after running away from home. She knew that with her brother, she could be safe from the mess of trouble she had back home. 

She eventually found her brother's house and rang the doorbell, shivering and crying as rain drenched her dark cloak draped over her white dress and her otherwise beautiful blond hair. It was only half a minute before a man with golden hair and silver eyes opened the door with a sword in his hand. When he realized who was standing at his door, he dropped the blade and pulled her into a hug.

"Cain.." she whispered as she hugged back. "It's you.."

“Come inside,” Cain offered. “Let me get the fire going and whip up some hot chocolate for you.”

"Alright.." she said as she slowly entered the house. She looked around and examined the living space her brother lived in. It was relatively unfamiliar to her, but she still found it comfortable and homely. The fireplace in the corner erupted with new flame with a flick of Cain’s hand. As he rushed to the kitchen to begin preparing the drinks, his sister removed her cloak and sat down on the couch by the fire.

A few minutes later, Cain returned with a teapot full of hot chocolate and two empty mugs on a tray. Setting the tray down, he poured some of the hot chocolate into one mug and gave it to his sister.

"Thank you.." She said as she slowly sipped on her drink. 

Cain sat down in an empty chair after setting the teapot down on the coffee table in front of him. "Why are you here? It's almost 2 in the morning." He asked. "Shouldn't you be back at home with Zane?"

She didn't say anything as she hung her head. "I can't… I… I can't be near him anymore.." she muttered.

Cain's eyes widened. "You ran away? What happened?"

"It's Zane,” she replied. “I can't stand to be around him anymore! He yells at me and he beats me, even when I’m just trying to do my best to make him happy! If he isn’t bringing me down, he’s ignoring me! So I ran, and if he finds out that I ran away, he's going to kill me!" She replied, sobbing.

Cain pulled her into a hug, careful not to spill her drink. “Shh… It’s okay. I won’t let him anywhere near you, Mariposa.”

"Thank you… thank you so much.."Mariposa whispered to him, unaware that a blonde-haired, brown-eyed woman had some downstairs.

"Dad, who's this?" The woman questioned as she looked over at Mariposa.

“Your aunt Mariposa,” Cain replied as he turned to his daughter. “She’s going to be staying with us for a little while.”

"You never told me you had a sister." The woman said to her father as she leaned against a wall.

“Because I never thought she would ever visit,” Cain explained. “Still, I should’ve told you about her and I’m sorry that I didn’t.”

Mariposa looked over at her niece with curiosity. "So wait," she said to Cain. "If you have a daughter, then who's her mother?"

Cain was silent for a moment, his face a display of discomfort and sadness.

"Oh.. I'm sorry…" She apologized. 

"It's fine." He said as he composed himself. "You do realize everyone's going to be looking for you."