23

𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑
and all of a sudden, i felt really tired. like the world had drained me for everything that i had

MONTHS HAD PASSED since the Other Side had collapsed and taken Bonnie and Damon along with it, and every month that had passed since had been agony for Echo

Everyday, after classes, even during classes, she would sit in complete silence for hours with Grimoires and text books all gathered around her bed. Some were spread open across the floor, others had been thrown in a blind rage.

Echo was trying her best to try and find some way of bringing Damon and Bonnie back, though she was failing. She wasn't just falling apart, she was broken.

After Damon had died, the witch also lost contact with Jeremy who decided to waste his life away with games and girls. Along with that, Jack decided he wanted to stay back at the Salvatore Boarding house to make sure no people would mess with the place seeing as Stefan decided to abandon everyone and run off.

It was like everyone else was either distancing themselves or moving on. Like Elena who continues to study for tests, go to class, and then sometimes even talk like Bonnie and Damon is still there. Caroline has also moved on, always visiting her mom over the boarder of Mystic Falls, and she even dropped out of school.

But, her, she was still stuck. Still wanting to find anything and everything that could possibly bring her soulmate back. She even wanted Bonnie back seeing as they have finally gotten to the point of being called best friends.

Sighing heavily, Echo slammed a book closed as she finally finished reading it and found no solution to her problem.

And at that exact moment, a knock at the door interrupted her before she could throw the book across the room. "Echo, why's the door locked?"

Echo rolled her eyes at Alaric who sounded worried. It was like he didn't trust her to be by herself anymore. He was scared of her turning it off and going on a rampage.

But, that's the thing, she would never do that. She knows the consequences of doing anything like that. And if she even thought of doing it, she would think about soulless Sam, demon!Dean, and then she would also think about emotionless Elena. It never ends well and it always end up with the person going back to normal and hating their life even more.

Blowing out a breath, the vampire made her way to the door, and opened it up to face Ric. "Hey, what's up?"

"What's up? You haven't come out of your room in a few days and I wanted to uh, check on you," he spoke carefully as he eyed up the broken looking girl. "You know what? How about we go for some food, my treat. You look like you've not eaten in a while."