29

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄
i would like to apologize to anyone i have not yet offended. please be patient. i will get to you shortly

THE FOLLOWING DAY, Echo, the Salvatores, and Ric took a trip to Portland in search of the Gemini coven, who were responsible for the prison world

Caroline had invited her to Friends-giving but she wasn't willing to spend any more time away from Damon than was necessary.

The brothers and the huntress were walking down a driveway as Ric was talking on the phone in front of them.

Suddenly, Stefan turned to the couple curiously. "Hey. Were you two invited to Friends-giving?"

Damon nodded slowly with pursed lips as he stared in front of him. "Of course. Caroline demanded that we bring string beans and potatoes," he answered, talking about himself and Echo.

"Huh." The younger Salvatore's eyebrows furrowed and a frown covered his brooding face.

Echo caught on to his behavior and smirked causing Damon to catch on and grin at his sibling. "What? Were you not invited?"

Stefan looked down at his feet and shook his head. "Nope."

"Ooh, boy. You messed with the wrong girl's feelings," Alaric commented with a mocking laugh.

Echo smirked wider. "Awe, poor Stefan. It sounds like a you problem. Like always."

Stefan sighed heavily in annoyance and put on a bitter smile. "So happy you two are settled back in together," he remarked sarcastically, already aggravated with their usual teasing and displays of affection.

"What do you mean Bonnie's in the prison world?" Elena questioned Ric from the other end of the phone. "Damon said that she wasn't there, that she found peace with..." she trailed off slowly then stopped. "Why didn't he tell me this?"

"He didn't want to get your hopes up," Echo commented loudly, knowing her sister could hear her. "Plus, I didn't want him to say anything until we were certain we were getting the feisty witch back."

Alaric nodded even though Elena can't see the action. "He honestly thought Bonnie died trying to free him. If she sent her Teddy bear over, it could mean she's still—"

"Bonnie's still alive?" She interuptted him in a shocked and overwhelmed tone. "Oh, my God!"

Ric nodded to himself and continued his explanation, "Yeah. So we're in Portland right now, trying to track down some Gemini thing."