Part one

Running With The Skitzers

We were out, running towards the river. From there we can decide what we do afterwards, for now we just kept running. My hand tightly in Vespers and I didn't plan to let go. I could hear the men behind us, the dogs' barks echoing through the trees. Every turn was instant relief, knowing I was getting further and further away from the men that had been hunting us down for three years. When the noises around us cease, we stop. Our heavy breaths filling the air, Vespers black hair we and sticking to his forehead, his icy blue eyes scanning the area. When they land on me they seem to smile themselves, my face heating against the frigid air.

            "We need to keep going." He said in his deep baritone voice. I nodded in agreement before a loud sound banged behind us.

            "Wait." A voice said. I opened my eyes to look at my therapist Dr. Goodman. "Let's talk about the beginning, before you came to Harbor View." He looked up from his clipboard for the first time.

Vesper

            "Let's talk about the beginning, before you came to Harbor View." Dr. Goodman said to me.

            "Alright well, it began when..." I continued

Backstory

I was six years old when my parents began to suspect something different about me. I never played with the other children; I secluded myself in my room and never played with a single toy. I would also talk to myself, I would carry full on conversations with nobody there, but there was. Inside my head different voices would talk back. When I turned seven my parents took me to many different doctors, after the third doctor, I believe, I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. About three months after that, an adorable six pound seven ounce, blonde hair and hazel eye little girl joined the family. Her name was Lenna. She and I were inseparable. Seven years later, now, I am still struggling with the voices but they have gotten worse. They are horrid at night, I get no sleep one night and very little the next. They yell at me, telling me to do things I would hate to think of. One night after I finally fell asleep, thinking the voices would stop, they only got louder and louder until I awoke. I got out of my bed going to the kitchen hoping to calm my growling stomach. After looking around and finding nothing that appeased me I start back to my room stopping when I hear voices.

            "We have to send him... For Lenna's protection." My mother said.

            "We can't, they are inseparable and you know that. And I honestly believe that she helps him." My father said spoke calmly I smiled a bit at that.

            "No, I don't want that child to ham my daughter. He has already hit you plenty of times and you have marks to prove it. We need to send him away; we should of when we found out seven years ago." She said quite harshly.

            "I won't abandon my son Emily. He is yours as well and you better begin to rethink your priorities." He said just as harsh. Getting my father anything but calm is pure talent. I heard my mother sigh then the light turned off. I headed to my room and went to lay down and for the first time I fell right to sleep without a word from the voices.

End Backstory

            "Very good Vesper, our hour is up and we may continue on Tuesday." Dr. Goodman said closing my file. I stood and left his room, right outside the door was my guard Evans. Due to me being "dangerous" I have to have a guard on me 24 hours a day, seven days a week, But oddly I like Evans. I actually consider him more of a friend than a guard.