Grandma Bloom

Oh shit!

My notebook falls from my hand and onto the floor below. It smacks the floor with a thud. Oh come on. I swear my hands are not butter. Footsteps rush toward my room. Spencer bursts in and looks up at me.

"Megan!"

"What?" His face turns from fear to confusion. "What are you doing?"

"Writing a song."

"Is that why you're hanging off the top bunk?"

"No, my book fell off the bunk." I point at his feet. He looks down and picks up my cream and pink coloured book. He hands me the book and climbs up the ladder. "What are you writing?"

"Hope."

Confusion rolls off of my brother. I roll my eyes and show him what I've written so far. As he reads I get a sense he can feel the words deeply. Which is good but...can I make him cry?

"This is really good."

"Thank you."

My twin lays on my bed and hangs his head off the side. That can't be comfortable. After awhile he sits up. "I'm thinking of going out later wanna come?"

"Sure."

"Where are you going?"

"The park with Nino and possibly Adrien." Ah if he can slip out of the house. Maybe I'll ask Alya and Marinette if they want to come. They would love it.
_____

Half an hour later Mum calls us for dinner. At dinner, Mum and Dad tell us they are heading to our hometown. Grandma Bloom broke her leg three days ago and needs help. Uncle Sam and his husband aren't available. Uncle Lawrence and Aunt Tiawna are out of town, Uncle Braeden is in America.

Aunt Angie is watching Katlin while Aunt Parker and Aunt Zahra are on their honeymoon. Uncle Felix and Aunt Echo are helping but have day jobs. Uncle Jensen and Aunt Callie have the two kids to look after and Uncle Jared and Aunt Bree have the triplets.

Honestly, what's the point of having a large family if there not around. God, I miss all my cousins and my Uncles and Aunts. "When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow."

"What about us? We aren't old enough to stay by ourselves!" Spencer cries. He looks so panicked. Oh my god. "We've arranged for you to stay with the Dupain-Chengs while we're gone."

"Oh."

"You two will pack tonight, they will be expecting you in an hour." Spencer and I nod. We finish diner and head upstairs to pack.

When I reach my room Zeke flies out from his hiding spot. He nudges my cheek. "You're grandma will be okay."

"Thanks, Zeke."

"Grandma Bloom has always been a tough nut to crack. It's hard to believe she broke her leg."

Zeke snickers at my sour face. I know grandma Bloom is getting older but she's not that old. She's barely 63. I don't think she even qualifies for the seniors discount. Although she does fight that rule with I have 11 children and 12 grand children. Somehow I think she will win the fight between her and death. 

I pull out my camping duffle and shove clothes and other necessities I need. Marinette is going to be ecstatic that I'll be staying with her. God, I hope this doesn't interfere with fighting Akuma's. An hour later Spencer and I open the door to the bakery across the road.

"Come in!" Sabine smile and takes us up to their living room. I've been here before. Marinette had me over a bunch of times with Alya. Sabine shows Spencer to the guest room and tells me I will be staying with Marinette in her room.