One

"Dad! For the hundredth time, I really am sorry! I was only fifteen minutes late!" I ran into my room and slammed the door. I hated my dad sometimes. I know he wants to protect me because of his brother kidnapping my mom, but I'll be careful in my relationship.

"Honey let me come in." Mom said in a sweet voice. "Mom go away!" I yelled at her. "Ok, but me and Gabby are making cinnamon rolls." she said going back down the stairs. I decided to go down. After all I'd love a cinnamon roll right now.

"So, how was the mall?" Mom asked. "It was fun!" I went to the mall with my friends Dallas, Robin, and Alpha. I look just like my dad, but my sister and brother look like my mom. Gabe and Gabby are twelve now. I'm sixteen and still rarely allowed out with friends. My mom could care less about what I do, but my dad is overly protective. All of the time. We just moved into a new house a week ago because dad got a better job so I can finally have my own room. We only moved like twenty minutes away from our old house, but this one has five bedrooms and a pool!

"Those look good!" I said walking into the huge kitchen. "I made them." Gabby said bragging. "Ok. Whatever." I smiled at Gabby and she went to sit on one of the wood stools around the granite top island. "Mom, mom! A boy is calling Sage!" Gabe ran into the kitchen dancing around with my phone! "Gabe! Seriously give me my phone! Mom!" I hated Gabe sometimes. "Ooh! Who's this boy Sage!" Mom answered my phone. "Hello?" I couldn't believe this was happening to me. Now my mom has my iPhone with my pink and red roses case. And now my dad just walked in! "Sage! Who is this! Your boyfriend?" my dad would kill the boy that went out with me before asking him. "You!" dad pointed at me. "Up to your room, now!" he yelled at me. I ran up to my room and slammed the door, but dad was on my heels and stepped in the door a split second before it shut.

"You can not have a boyfriend without my permission. Give me your phone!" he demanded. "Dad! Let me explain!" I shouted at him. "That was my friend Atticus, him and me have to do a civics project together." I told him the truth. "Sage." mom came into my room. "I didn't really answer your phone and I talked to Gabe." she came over and put her arm around my shoulders. "Well, I want this boy to come here and work on this project- in the kitchen!" dad was still angry. "Ok, then can I please have my phone so I can call him?" I more demanded than asked. "Here you go." dad said slowly handing over my phone. "If you were a car, you've got some auto-tude problems!" Gabe laughed as he walked past to go to his room. My, Gabby, and Gabe's rooms were the only thing, and a full bathroom, upstairs. Well I guess there's also a little loft are for us to 'hang out'. The kitchen, guest bedroom, mom and dads bedroom, living room, and sitting room or reading room are downstairs.

Mom and dad left my room and I called Atticus back. "Hi... Sorry about that..... Yeah my dad would like it if we would work at our house on the project if that's ok?... Sounds great.. See you in a while." I hung up and went downstairs to wait for him. Eventually he pulled up in his old silver mustang and I opened the door. I have to admit, he's really cute. He's tall a little muscular with blondish hair and blue- green eyes. He was wearing his white and black football jacket. "Hi Sage." he said setting his bag down. "Hi. Are you ready to get started?" I was a little shy. Then dad walked in. "Hi, I'm Cameron. Sage's dad." I was so embarrassed right now. "Hi, I'm Atticus. It's nice to meet you." he said awkwardly. "Ok... Let's go to the kitchen." I started to walk towards the island. Dad sat down in the reading room and started to "read", but obviously he was just observing Atticus around me. I never understand why he's not like this with Gabby, I know she's only twelve, but she needs some watching over too.

"Yeah so, let's get started." he said. "Ok. That's probably a good idea." I went up to my room to get some colored pencils. "Gabe! Get out of my room!" this was the worst possible time for him to be doing this. I ran back downstairs. "Atticus, why don't we go upstairs to my room and work on the project. I have a lot more colored pencils than I thought." I waited for him to get his stuff and come up the stairs. "Woah! You have a nice room." he said setting his stuff down. "Thanks." what was it with guys and pink these days? Then Gabe left my room. I opened the tri-fold on my soft gray carpet and got out the colored pencils. I really like my new room. I have a pink and gray rose comforter, a huge closet, a matching dresser and night stand, and a gray papasan chair. Gabby must not be quite used to sleeping by herself yet because on weekends she likes to take the cushion off and sleep on my floor.