Chapter 1

Love.

what is it?

Is it chemicals in your brain?

Hormones that conjure the illusion of love.

Or is it a lie?

A dream of something that we desperately want to be real.

I can't speak for all, but I can speak from my experience.

This ladies and gentlemen is how I found and lost what I considered love.

And the truth about what actually happened to my father.

I sit hear waiting to hear either good or bad news.

All that comes to mind is how it all began.

If you would be more than kind and hear out my story. Pull up a chair.

It all started when my mom and her boyfriend walked in on me and a guy that I considered to be my boyfriend. But that would end soon.

"I never want you to bring any boy in this house, do you understand me,"

"yes," all I could say between the look of disgust in her eyes.

As she walked out, I looked at her boyfriend. His piercing eyes gave me chills I knew know what was going to happen when she left for work. That's right do I have to even say it. I think we all know where this is going.

Let me go ahead and answer a few questions you may be having.

My name for one is Jude but most people call me J.

My father was the one who named me. he died when I was little its been so long that the only thing, I have of his to remember him by is an old picture of him holding me. It's the only one I have because when he died my mother lost it. she got rid of everything that had to do with him.

I'm sure she blames me for his death after all he went out because of me. But that's another issue for a later time.

Listening to my mother and her boyfriend talking through the vents. I can honestly say that I'm not surprised of what I'm hearing.

"I can't believe what I just saw,"

"don't worry ill talk with him he doesn't know what he likes he's a kid ill set him straight,"

"Like hell you are. I'm leaving this hell hole". I muttered to myself, as I pack my clothes the money I saved up and hid from my mother.

Once she's gone ill have about three minutes to get out. Looking around I grab a bat. And listened as my mom headed to work,

locking my door and ran to the window now that it was only him and I in the house I knew what was going to happen.

Forcing the window open was harder than I thought I was barely budging when I heard him trying to open the door "open the door."

"go away Liam,"

As I keep pulling the window up, I hear him start ramming the door. Until he practically tore it off the hinges

. "what are you doing come here you little fucker," he said as he grabbed my left shoulder turning and pinning me on the bed with one hand.

As he pulled my pants down with his free hand I felt as his hands began to go for my ass I grabbed the bat that was at the edge of the bed and swung it with all the force I had.

Seeing him on the ground as he dawned on what just happened. I swung again this time I made sure to not stop until he was not moving.

After realizing what I did I watched in horror as I saw a dark red liquid puddle beginning to surround his unconscious body.