ONESHOT

Shen Qingqiu, Luo Binghe notes, is very adorable when he wakes up. So different from the aloof and unreachable immortal image that he portrays.

Luo Binghe was just a disciple when he discovered such a vulnerable and cute side of his Shizun. It was about a week when his Shizun had allowed him to live under his own home within the depths of the bamboo forest inside Qing Jing Peak. Luo Binghe was still very tense at that time as he waited upon his master to come out of his sleeping quarters, the breakfast that he prepared for him was kept warm using his spiritual energy, he prepared it in hopes to repay even a little of his Shizun's kindness.

He remembers with fondness how he almost jumped out of his skin while phasing back and forth in front of the door when Luo Binghe suddenly heard a crashing sound inside his Shizun's room, followed by a groan. He was really tempted to bust inside, just to make sure that his Shizun was alright, but remained rooted on his spot knowing that the immortal cultivator won't appreciate his concern.

The first thing that Luo Binghe sees when the door opens is messy, ivory hair that looked as if spilled ink against the white inner robes worn by his Shizun who was currently mumbling something unintelligible, clearly he was still sleep dazed to even take note of Luo Binghe's presence.

Shen Qingqiu, at that moment, was the most adorable dear thing that Lou Binghe has ever seen. And his poor, unprepared heart almost burst out at the sight. Also... the fact that he was only wearing inner robes is very much distracting because it constantly falls off his left shoulder, revealing his flawless jade like white skin.

Luo Binghe isn't sure at that time, didn't know why he felt relieved how much of a sleepy mess his Shizun was during the mornings. Later he realized that the vulnerable side of him made Shen Qingqiu more reachable, that he was not just that immortal that he would never be able to catch up with, that he could still move his Shizun.

"Shen-" Luo Binghe almost chokes out, surprising himself then; it's like his mouth suddenly refused to call the immortal master according to his respectable standing. As if calling him 'shizun' felt so distant and Luo Binghe didn't want that feeling.

Shen Qingqiu doesn't seem to mind his impertinence, actually, to say it more accurately, he didn't notice it at all like a part of his mind is still sleeping. Luo Binghe knew that he shouldn't find it so charming, but he does.

Maybe it was the starting point in how he fell so deeply in love with his Shizun.

Years later, after overcoming the many challenges and clearing all the misunderstanding between them, and now that Shen Qingqiu was his husband like how he always dreamed of, his lovely Shizun was still the same during mornings.

Luo Binghe was already intimately familiar with how much of a sleepy mess his Shizu is when he wakes up, especially when he hadn't had his first cup of tea. He stumbles into almost everything that is in his way; eyes still half lidded, groaning and humming in response because his voice is just as sleepy as he is.

The demon lord found it his joy to make sure his husband doesn't hurt himself as he herds him towards the table where their breakfast was already prepared. He doesn't let Shen Qingqiu pour himself a cup of tea in fear that he might accidentally scald those long, slender fingers. He loves how his Shizun would pout cutely whenever he snatches the pot from his hands. Shen Qingqiu would groan when he failed at attempting to reach out for tea until Binghe placed a cup in front of him.

He'll never grow tired at looking at Shen Qingqiu as he took his first few sips of tea. As if coming back to life, those green eyes would blink completely open, then he'd beam at him with a sweet smile that he would only show to him, saying "Good morning, Binghe."

"Good morning, Shizun." Luo Binghe greets back with a wide smile of his own, holding back the urge to wrap Shen Qingqiu in his arms and carry him back to their room. Instead, he settles at pressing a long kiss on the side of his head and spends the morning in peace enjoying their breakfast.

Waking up with his Shizun like this every morning was everything he could wish for.