Crossed Lines

After several months, both Pravin and Avneet had become much better at badminton.One day,Pravin and Avneet are sitting in the garden after badminton practice, catching their breath. They've gotten much closer over the past few months, and their conversations are more lighthearted.

Avneet: (teasing) "So, Coach, what's the plan for tomorrow? Gonna make me run laps again?"

Pravin: (laughs) "Only if you want to get better. But I was thinking we could focus on your drop shots. You still send them flying like they're smashed."

Avneet: (mock-offended) "Excuse me? I happen to have a *very* delicate touch, thank you."

Pravin: (grinning) "Yeah, as delicate as a sledgehammer."

Avneet playfully throws a towel at him, laughing.

Avneet: "Okay, fine. I'll admit, it's harder than it looks. How do you make it seem so easy?"

Pravin: (shrugs) "Years of practice, I guess. Plus, I'm just naturally awesome."

Avneet: (rolling her eyes) "And so humble too."

*They both laugh, enjoying the easy banter. After a pause, Avneet turns serious for a moment.*

Avneet: (genuinely) "Thanks for sticking with me, though. I know I wasn't the easiest person to be around in the beginning."

Pravin: (smiling) "Hey, you weren't *that* bad. Besides, you're not just a student to me. You're a friend. And friends look out for each other, right?"

Avneet: (smiling back) "Right. So, about that promise… you're still gonna help me figure out how to talk to people without sounding like a total weirdo?"

Pravin: (chuckles) "Of course. But I think you're already doing a lot better."

Avneet: (playfully) "Flattery won’t get you out of those drop shots tomorrow, Coach."

Pravin: (grinning) "Wouldn't dream of it."

However, Pravin's academic performance suffered—he failed all his subjects in school despite his best efforts. Frustrated, he decided to skip practice one day and retreated to the garden. When Avneet noticed his absence, she went searching for him and eventually found him there.

“Why didn’t you show up for practice, Coach?” Avneet asked, trying to lighten the mood.

“I’m just stressed. Can you leave me alone?” Pravin responded with a sigh, his voice heavy.

Avneet smiled knowingly and replied, “I used to be the one always asking people to leave me alone. Now I understand how it feels when someone does that.”

“Just go!” Pravin snapped, raising his voice in frustration.

Startled, Avneet took a few steps back. But before she could leave, Pravin’s tone softened.

“I’m...sorry. I didn’t mean to shout,” he said, guilt washing over his face.

Avneet accepted his apology and then offered him a deal. “How about this? I’ll help you with your studies, and you teach me how to talk to people more... politely.”

“Deal,” Pravin agreed, shaking her hand with renewed hope.

From that moment on, Avneet began tutoring Pravin, and in return, Pravin helped her open up to others. Their friendship deepened as they spent more time together, and soon, Pavi noticed the change. She told Janavi about it, who couldn’t have been happier.

“Wish for anything you want,” Janavi told Pravin, her voice full of warmth.

“Just your blessings,” Pravin replied with humility.