Chapter 11

Wala ako sa sariling naglakad palabas ng restaurant hanggang sa nakarating na pala ako sa loob ng bar. Too late to turn back. Kinabahan na naman ako when I saw him. Bakit ganon? Parang familiar ang feeling. In my peripheral view, I saw Sir Dylan talking to a group of guys occupying the vip area. And they all looked my way. Or imagination ko lang yon. Pumunta na lang ako sa bar and i ordered a drink. Yes, marunong akong uminom. Party girl, remember. Dati pala.

Finished my drink in one gulp, i ordered another, and another, and another. What the hell, deserve ko naman ito. Sa dami ng pagbabago sa buhay ko and I'm struggling with the changes, of coping up and all. My thought was cut short ng my biglang nagsalita.

"Hey, woman! Are you free tonight?" and he smiled at me.
Ang yabang! I just looked straight ahead na parang walang narinig. He looks good and he knows it too. Mestizo, matangkad and he's wearing designer clothes. Pinakaayaw ko pa naman sa mga kagaya nya.

" I'm Sebastian by the way.", the cocky guy said.

I still ignored him. I looked the other way at nakita ko na lang biglang may babae na nakayapos kay Dylan. Parang nakaupo pa sa lap nya. And they started making out! So mga ganong klase ng babae pala ang gusto nya. Napairap na lang ako sabay tingin sa kabilang side. Bakit ako naiinis?

I finished my drink and slid off the stool.
I made my way out of the bar  and nearly stumbled. Halos tumakbo ako pagkalabas ng bar. Naiinis ako at hindi ko talaga maintindihan kung bakit.

"Hey, you forgot your purse!", the guy from the bar said.

"Thanks," sagot ko na walang kagana gana.

I hurriedly grab my purse and the contents spilled. Ano ba namang kamalasan 'to.
The guy helped me pick up my stuff and I let him. Medyo nahihilo na din ako.

I then saw the guy looking intently at my driver license. And he suddenly uttered my name in disbelief.

" Evie! It really is you! It's me, Seb. Tennis camp?, he said.
Recognition dawned on me.
Niyakap ko sya sa pagkabigla.

" It's so good to see to see you again, Seb! You're not the lanky boy i used to know. Wow! ", i said.
At sabay flex ng muscles nya. Napatawa naman ako.

" Buti na lang nahulog id mo. You also look different. Pero madaldal ka pa din.", pang asar na sagot ni Seb.

" I'm here for work. What about you?" tanong ko kay Seb.

" Work din.", tipid na sagot nya.

"Anyway, happy to see you again Seb."

We exchanged numbers and he invited me for dinner bukas. Masaya ako at nagkita kami. He's an old friend that I'll never forget. Magkakampi kami laban sa mga bullies ng camp.

Pagkabalik ko sa hotel room, nagpunta kaagad ako ng bathroom para mag shower. It's been a long day and i want to sleep na.

" Are you trying to seduce me? Believe me, it won't work.," sabi ni Dylan na natatawa.

Napatingin ako sa sleepwear ko. Im wearing a satin skin- colored nightdress that reaches my mid thigh. Omg! Puro pa naman ganito ang naimpake ko. Wala na bang katapusan ang kahihiyan na ito! As usual, like what i did before, kunyari deadma. Hindi na lang ako nagsalita. I dove into the bed at sabay tago sa comforter. Before i drifted off to sleep, huli kong narinig ay ang tawa ni Dylan.

Dylan's POV

This is insane! How can I sleep upon seeing her like that. Damn! I poured scotch and went to the balcony.

Kanina pa lang sa bar mainit na ang ulo ko. My barkada wants to approach Evie and they all said that she's hot. I tried to distract them and started talking about business and money. And it worked. The assholes are all competitive when it comes to money making schemes.

When I glanced at Evie's way, there's a guy hovering over her. And she seems to be enjoying the attention. At sa inis ko, i grabbed Shelley, a friend, and i started kissing her hard. Shelley looked at me in surprise and i whispered to her to play along. Buti na gets agad and she started kissing me back.
The guys are all cheering us and told us to get a room. That's when i was brought back to my senses.

Wala na si Evie sa bar! Nagpaalam agad ako sa mga kaibigan ko at tumakbo pabalik ng penthouse.

I breathe a sigh of relief when i saw her emerged from the bathroom. Akala ko sumama na sya doon sa lalaki sa bar. Whew!

And here I am so confused as to why im reacting this way. Bakit nga ba? It's been years and I still react this way.