Chapter 1 - "The end of some relationships, the beginning of others.."

“Then I’m done with this! I don’t give a shit anymore! This just isn’t working out for us. I really thought it would, but seeing as things are going, it’s not. We’re done guys. I have had enough. We can’t do this anymore. I’m out.” Zayn angrily shouted at his band mates.

Louis charged towards Zayn and shoved him into a wall. “Oh so what? You’re just going to bail on us? Leave us hanging when we’re in a crisis like this? We’re not getting anywhere with our career, and what are we going to say tomorrow to the public? That we’re done?”

Zayn just stared at him with a terrifying look. “That’s exactly what you’re going to say. Have you looked at us lately? Do you see how we’ve been behaving? With each other? With people around us? The way we never acted before? We’ve been getting so frustrated because of our dilemma right now and how we’re getting nowhere. Management has ruined us, the media has ruined us, we just can’t come up with new music any more, and the biggest of all…our friendship is ruined. Something I thought would never happen. Our friendship was the thing that kept us so close, and held our bond with each other. Now that we don’t have a friendship, how are we supposed to put on an act, pretend we still like each other, and stay as a band? It’s just not possible.”

Liam slammed his fist against the wall. “All boy bands go through this, yet I never thought this would happen to us. All boy bands break up at one point, whether it’s to go solo, if their not having success together, or in our case….much more than that. I never thought we would ever break up though. I thought we had so much more together. I thought we had a special kind of friendship. But clearly, we don’t.”

Niall looked as if he were about to cry. He slowly shook his head side to side. “No. No I can’t see this happening right in front of my eyes. My biggest nightmare has come to life. I don’t want this to happen, but I know it will, and it should. We really can’t stay together anymore.”

And finally, it was Harry’s turn. He stepped up and pulled Louis back from Zayn. “Let him go Lou, one by one, we’re all going to split up. Whether it’s today, or tomorrow. We’re each going to step out that door. One direction is not the same anymore. Our friendship is broken, so what’s the point of still remaining as a band?”

Louis raised his eyebrows appalled at what everyone was saying.

Zayn stepped back. “So it’s done. We can’t go any farther with this anymore. The time we’ve all spent together, I just wish we could rewind time and go back. All the laughs, the banter, the crazy media…the fans. The wonderful taste of fame. In a blink of an eye, it’ll all be gone. If only life didn’t have to work this way. So this is it. This is the end. The end of One Direction. We’re done.” And with that, Zayn turned on his heel, and marched out the door, grabbing his leather jacket with him, and leaving a piece of him behind.

One Direction was over….his life was over….

-Zayn –

I walked out of the building where we were supposed to be rehearsing. The five of us together. But what was the point? It was just going to be another day of arguing and not agreeing on anything. Whoever casted such a jinx upon our friendship that was once so strong? The fans would be so devastated when they found out about the news….

I finally got outside, and stood beside my car. I sent my personal driver away to leave me alone for a few minutes. I rested my head against the car door.

Over the past two years, so much had happened. Nothing was the same. Nothing at all…

People said change was good….But not in my case.