December 21st

I groan at the sound of my alarm. I put my hand out of the blanket and reach for the alarm. I keep trying to feel my way through it and hit it when I reach it. I feel my body tremble and I clutch the blanket. My head pounds and my eyes water as I open it. I try sitting up but my body begs me to sleep.

   "Honey get up, it's time to get ready for work."

   I open my eyes and see my dad standing by the door frame.

   "I'm not feeling well, " my voice comes out very sore and rough.

   My dad walks up to me and touches my head.

   "Geez, you are blazing. What happened?"

   "From last night I've been feeling kinda tired and now I feel worse. I think I'm gonna stay home today."

   "Okay. You go back to bed. I'll call Shaun and tell him."

   "Thanks."

   I bury my face back into my pillow and go back to sleep.

****

   I open my eyes and turn on my back. I grab my phone and see that it's 1:30 in the afternoon. My stomach growls in hunger. I sit up and push the blanket off me. My body begs me to lie down but I fight the urge. I look at the table by my bed and notice a pill and a glass of water with a note.

Sorry I couldn't stay at home. Take this and eat your lunch. I kept lasagna for you in the microwave. After that take the tablet I placed on the dining table 10 mins after you eat. Take care. Love you.

   Of course, my doctor Dolittle let this. I swallow the pill and drag myself to the bathroom to freshen up.

   So for those of you who are wondering, my dad is a doctor and my mum is a lawyer. My dad and mum met at a mutual friend's birthday party. They fell in love and got married. Pretty cliche cheesy love story uh.

   I walk into the kitchen and turn on the microwave for my food to heat. I take my phone and check my caller list.

5 missed calls from Groot

   I open my snap chat and click on Shaun the sheep. It's a picture of him and Jay at work with a caption missing you.

   Yes. Jay, Shaun and I work at the same company. It belongs to Shaun's parents. Shaun's mom and mine where best friends in school. Then they grew apart but kept in contact with each other. I never really knew of Mia (Shaun's mum) until I quit my job as a nurse which was a big disappointment to my mum and then she got me a job at Mia's company. And immediately I made her get Jay a job too because she was having problems in her previous work place. It's been 10 months now that I've been working there. You see I never really dated anyone in 3 years and my mum used the guilty card (my dental failure) and got me to go on a blind date which turned out to be Shaun. I've always seen him as a brother and a good friend but when my mother said I needed to get my ass out their again I decided to give love a shot again and now I've been dating Shaun for 6 months. So that's the whole story of how I met Shaun.

   After eating I take the other pill and grab a box of tissues and go to my room. I try to call Jay and Shaun but neither pick up. So I send them a picture of me looking sick and sleepy captioning it miss you more.  I check my Instagram and see that I have 200 likes and 100 comments, all wishing me congrats on the post I put on my engagement ring. I sigh and open Ira's message.

You got engaged!!!!! Omg!!!!

   I see that she is online and hit the video call button. My mood lightens up seeing her face on the screen. I grab a tissue and blow my nose.