Chapter Twenty-Five

Last chapter! :( can't believe I'm finally wrapping this up but it hopefully won't be last you hear from me. I could go on forever about how much I appreciate all of your support and patience and how happy every single last comment and vote makes me but I'll keep it short and get to the good stuff that you all actually want to read. I never started Meant To Be with the intention of it gaining popularity, it was more of an outlet and something that I enjoyed doing, so you can imagine my shock when people actually read it and left me feedback. It's so surreal that my story and sequel have reached a combined 3million reads and baffles me even more that you lovelies reading this are still sticking around. I've made some amazing friends through creating this story and got to discover some of your stories along the way.
In short, thank you so so much for absolutely everything, you are the reason I have kept writing. Even though Meant to Be is wrapping up I will still be on wattpad and ask.fm on an almost daily basis so if you ever need anyone to talk to about all things great and small, I am here and will be more than happy to chat. I love and appreciate all of you more than you will ever know.

And of course it wouldn't be a MTB chapter without me apologising for an incredibly delayed post! (6 months. Eeeek!) there's really no excuse, I'm sorry for making you wait, have just gotten too caught up in the uni/ 18 life and was completely stumped on how to end this well, hope I've done it justice.

Enjoy!!

ask.fm/rubyhannah

xxxxxx

---------------------------------

1 YEAR LATER

"We miss you too!" I chimed on behalf of Luke who was sat right next to me on our bed.

"Alright well you two have a great New Years and we'll Skype you again soon."

"You too, don't party too hard." Luke teased Beau, the cheeky smile that I love the most emerging on his face.

"Yeah whatever mum." Beau chuckled.

"And say hello to your lovely girlfriend for me." I added at the last minute.

"Will do. cya guys." Beau smiled as we said our good byes before ending the call. Kaitlyn and Beau had been together for almost the whole year and they were both even more smitten than they were the first time around.

"New Year's Eve already," Luke commented.

"I really don't feel like going out Luke."

"We've already committed to going to Ash's." he reminded me although I was hoping he'd forget. Ashton and I had remained in contact and became good friends, and to my suprise him and Luke hit it off like a house on fire. An advantage and disadvantage at the same time- depending on the situation. I groaned and waltzed upstairs to get ready. Luke's footsteps trailed towards me a few minutes later before he flopped on our bed and chatted to me as I changed. It was moments like this that I loved, I had a best friend and boyfriend in one. Of course we were running late as Luke left it to the last possible second to get ready an I rushed around completely unorganised.
"All good?" I asked Luke, a little puffed out from trying to get my stuff together.

"Perfect." he smiled although he looked a bit flustered himself.

"Let's go," I let out a sigh of relief, happy that we were finally heading out the door. Ashton's was a short 15 minutes away and people were already intoxicated when we arrived despite the fact it was short of 8 o'clock. One of those people included Ashton whose welcome was even more exaggerated than usual as he shoved the nearest drink he could find at Luke and I. I could only laugh, there was nothing in the world that could ruin this night for me. I was surrounded by my closest friends both new and old, and was starting another new year with Luke- something that I thought would never occur again only a year ago. The night raced by and the countdown was already starting. Before I could even turn to try and find Luke, a pair of arms twisted around me with a peck on the cheek.
"5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" Everyone shouted enthusiastically.