Chapter 1

It was a quiet day in the office for Irina, all the cases had been solved and it was a slow beat day at the law firm. Irina felt her phone vibrating in the back right pocket of her skinny jeans, she took the phone out of the pocket to see that her best friend, Daniel (Skip), was calling.

“Hey Daniel, what’s up?”

“Nothing much. Just wondering if you wanted to come over for a movie night?” Daniel pleaded on the other end of the line.

“Sure, sounds good to me. Work is completely dead at the moment, there is nothing I have to do.”

“Perfect” Daniel replied. “However we may just have to share the couches with my brothers unfortunately”

“Not a problem” Irina laughed.

“Excuse me. That is the moment you are supposed to be wishing they weren’t there so we could have one of our famous gossip sessions” Daniel chuckled.

“Oh sorry, your highness. I didn’t realise I was offending you” she laughed. “Now I just have to fax one last thing to my boss and then I can probably leave early. Do you want me to pick up anything for tonight?” Irina asked.

“No it should be fine for you to come straight over. Actually, maybe bring your pj’s because you usually end up crashing here.”

“Yeah, we wouldn’t want me borrowing one of your shirts… again” Irina laughed. “Okay, I’ll see you soon” with that, Irina hung up.

She finished faxing her last document to her boss, so she packed up her bag and left the office. As she walked outside, she breathed in the fresh air and hopped in her car. She pumped up her music and drove onto the highway. She arrived back at her modern apartment and dropped off her work things, she remained in her skinny jeans but changed her shirt into something more casual. She packed her little overnight bag with her pj’s, phone charger and pillow.

Irina got back in her car and drove over to Daniel’s place. He walked outside and grabbed her bag for her, “How has your day been?” he asked.

Irina shrugged with her reply “It was alright, nothing interesting happened. Yours?”

“Eh it was normal. The others are still in their rooms. Unfortunately none of them have plans tonight so they all included themselves in our plans”

“Of course they did” Irina laughed. As always, she made herself comfortable on the couch. Pulled the blanket over her and started swapping channels looking for the best program until they started watching movies.  James and Luke walked down the stairs first, “Hey Irina, when did you get here?” Luke asked whilst yawning.

“About 5 minutes ago. When did you wake up?”

“About 5 minutes ago” Luke laughed.

“Up late last night partying again?” she teased.

“As always” James said rolling his eyes and teasing Luke. They both joined Irina and Daniel on the couch.

“Tell me again why Irina always gets the best spot on the couch” Beau joked whilst walking up behind them. He placed his muscly arm on the back of the couch and jumped over into the seat.

“Always trying to impress the ladies, aren’t we Beau?” Jai said as he took the last spot on the couch.

“Actually I was just trying to impress you, Jai” Beau joked.

They pressed play on the film and watched it till it finished. By then it was almost midnight and everyone was close to falling asleep. Daniel made the wise decision of turning the television off and heading up to bed along with everyone else. Irina headed up as well, and went into the guest bedroom where she usually sleeps.