6

A hurried knock sounded on the door when I finished talking to Solas, the person on the other side knocking repeatedly until I got up to open the door, really annoyed.

What I wasn't expecting was Zach and Corbyn.

"Yes?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, Jonah coming to stand beside me.

"Gabriel's inside my head. Well, he has been since I was five," The younger boy's eyes went unfocused as he looked down at the ground. He snapped out of it and asked, "Can I come in? I have to show you guys something," I nodded and let them in, the younger boy taking in our dorm. His eyes flashed with something that looked like envy when he saw the picture of my family at Disneyland. A tremor seemed to go through his body and he transformed, straight hair turning into slightly curled golden-brown locks, and he seemed to radiate sunshine.

Basically, the complete opposite of Solas.

He is, is he not?

Yeah.

"Where'd Zach go? And who the hell are you?" Jonah did his best to look surprised, and so did I.

"I'm Gabriel!" He smiled, two dimples forming on his cheeks.

Cute.

"And - wait I can tell them, right?" Gabriel asked, and then nodded. "Yeah, so Zach's just in my head now. Like I usually am when he takes control of the body."

"Do you really have enhanced intelligence? And healing abilities?" Gabriel hummed in affirmation.

"And if you're some super-ancient being, why do you look our age?" Jonah inquired, the angel-like human laughing.

"Because it's how I choose to look!" I couldn't help but smile at how different Gabriel's speaking was compared to Solas.

"I've been helping Zach with his life, so you could call me his guardian angel," He laughed at his own joke, Corbyn snorting and looking away in amusement.

"I mean, you look like one, you just need a halo."

"Sounds like you're hitting on him," Jonah observed, and I sent him a glare as he laughed.

"I can't though, Zach's dating Kay and he literally lives inside of Zach. Oh god, I wonder how gross it is to kiss her," I smirked as Jonah chuckled, Corbyn nodding and smiling. Gabriel just shook his head and showed his two dimples before turning back into Zach.

"Gabriel's very interesting," I observed. "And taller, too," Zach hit my arm and I pulled away, laughing.

"So that's what you wanted to show us, huh?" He blushed and nodded.

"Are there any other surprises you'd like to tell us about?" I joked, and Zach shook his head. We were all silent for a bit before a thought came to my mind.

"Does Daniel know about this?" Zach nodded, and then a comfortable silence settled over the four of us, and I caught Zach looking at me.

"I need to talk to you," He said quietly, and I followed him to his room.

"Kay's dad is after me, Jack. I haven't been to their place, but if I do, I'm done for!" He bit his lip in anxiety, and I rested my hand on his back, watching the small shiver that went through his body at the action. "If he found out I had white wings, I don't even know what he'd do!" Zach's voice started rising in pitch, his lip starting to quiver a bit. "I've seen the things he's done to all those homeless people, and it's so, so horrible, Jack. Their screams make you get goosebumps, and every once in a while you see a dead body and it's so bad," I stared, appalled, at the new information.