Nightmare- A Reality Check~ 2

PART~2

A Reality Check

Happy reading

9.2K+ words

##

Mani.

Manik Malhotra, I said get up. I was yelled by the soft and lovely voice, I'm too used to get up from that voice every morning years back.

I opened my eyes in jerk, but the sharp lights blinded me, resulting to close my eyes again. I heard someone opening and closing doors.

Open your eyes slowly. I heard an unfamiliar male voice, there was disturbance around me, nothing was understandable to me. I had a whish of medicines. Was I in the hospital? Did I had a heart attack? There was fear inside me to face the world, which welcomes me to the world, where My Nandini and son won't be there. I don't want to open my eyes, I can't go through hell again, which the world served me.

I opened my teary eyes, slowly. I could figure out the person to be Doctor, surprising the unfamiliar male voice was Nandini's professor doctor. Shouldn't he have some grey hair? He looks like he was thirteen years ago.

Manik! He tried to take my attention, which he was successfully got.

Are you fine? I nodded my head with pain in my heart. I was too numb to speak anything.

You know you have been out for three days straight. Scaring daylights of your family. He looks concerned, wasn't he supposed to hate me for doing something to his pet student? Urgh, this is confusing. He looks cool and composed.

It doesn't matter. I just wanna sleep and never get up again. I mumbled myself, yet the way the doctor looked me annoyingly. This means he heard it too. I groaned internally.

You had a severe nervous breakdown three days back. I nodded my head aimlessly. After Nandini and Maan leaving I expected cardic attack. This nervous breakdown seems nothing to me.

And had a terrible panic attack with breathing problems and suffocation in sleep before you woke now. I looked at him in reflex. He appeared worried for me.

Is something bothering you? He held my shoulders tenderly passing me warmth. I kept silent.

Okay don't answer, whom do you want to meet now? He questioned me.

How about no one? I don't want to meet any fucking assholes. I make sure they root in hell, for making me feel shit in front of my son and Nandini. Making me a spinless man in people's eyes.

He started examining me and prescribing medicines according to it. He left the room, quietly. My eyes went to the ceiling, tears started flowing from my eyes, I picked my phone it had mine and Nandini's picture of our engagement. 

My baby. I caressed her picture with blurry eyes.

Mani. I lifted my head to see Nandini before me. 

Nandu. I meeked out as she ran to me and crashed to me hardly.

How could you? huh! Who'll do that? You scared me, do you know how much? She started hitting me mercilessly. The punches were solid and it did hurt me. of course, she is famous for her punches.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry for whatever I did to you and Maan. She immediately stopped hitting me.

Who is MAAN? Her face was deadpan completely. I scoffed at her, did she seriously forget her own son for whom she was ready to accept some spineless man into her life?