Too good to be true

KADO'S POV:
We get to the gates of Woodberry. They have armed men lining the wall. The gates open at the Governor's command. We enter and I see kids running around playing tag, women talking with one another, not having a care in the world, I already hate it. But Rick's group wouldn't. I get out of the vehicle with the Governor at my side.

I look around and notice birds singing and a man walking his dog. How is this possible? Wouldn't the noise and light draw the walkers here? I think to myself.

And almost as if he had heard my thoughts he says, "You're probably wondering how this is all possible. Well I have a strict curfew set and we keep the noise down to a minimum." He explains.

He greets some of the town's people and then leads me to a building.

"So what do you think so far?" He asks me looking at me like he values my opinion.

"I think, that looks can be deceiving." I say flatly.

"Ah, so you're a skeptic. I mean if I was in your position I probably would be too. Everything seems too good to be true. Am I right?" He says casually.

I look up at him and I shrug my shoulders. He just chuckles and leads me into a large building.

"This is the building I live in. Here let me show you around." He says guiding me through the hallways.

He opens a door and I see a kitchen. He goes inside filling a glass of water and motions for me to step inside. I look around at my surroundings and decide that it seems harmless enough. He gives me a glass of water and sits down at a table. I go and sit across from him.

"I know, this must be overwhelming. Do you mind if I ask you some questions?" He asks kindly and I just shrug my shoulders and take a sip of the water.

"How long have you been out there?" He asks and waits for an answer patiently.

"Since the beginning I guess." I shrug.

"Wow. Did you have a group or anything?" He asks quizzically.

"No. Most of my family died before it started, the rest were bitten or infected within the first week." I lie convincingly through my teeth.

The Governor looks down at the table and just nods his head. "I'm sorry to hear that...that Uh...must have been tough..." He says somberly.

"Yeah well, I guess that's what you get when you just can't die." I say nonchalantly.

He almost chokes on his water and I just look up with a smirk.

"Wow I was not expecting you to say that." He chuckles as if I were joking.

"But I get what you mean. Sometimes when you see everyone around you dying it can feel that way sometimes." He comments believing that it was a metaphor but I don't respond.

A few seconds go by with neither of us saying a word. Suddenly he gets up and breaks the silence.

"So uh, are you hungry? I could get you something to eat." He says cheerfully.

Before I can answer there is a knock on the door. He looks a bit annoyed and goes to the door. He doesn't open it very far but I hear a man's voice on the other side of the door.

"I'm terribly sorry, I will be right back. There's something that I need to take care of a moment." The Governor apologizes while he gets his coat on.

"Go ahead. I'm not going anywhere." I say.

"To be continued!" He assures me.

He quickly hurries out of the room and I watch him and the other man through the window going across the street and then out of view.

I take this as my chance and look around the place. The kitchen is normal so I head to the next door. I open it and it's a bedroom. I look on the dresser and see a picture of him and a woman and a child.

That must be who he was talking about. I say to myself.

I look around and open a black door that I assume is a closet. Boy was I wrong. I turn on the light and see walker heads in fish tanks lined up against the wall. I step inside the room and hear a growl coming from behind a door.
I take out my knife and creep up to the door and open it.

A small walker with a pink dress comes charging at me with a bag over it's head. What the hell? I think to myself before I rip the bag off and see that it's the Governor's little girl from the pictures. She's wearing a bow in her hair.

"Please! Don't hurt my little girl!" The Governor pleads in the doorway.

"What the hell is this?!" I yell motioning to his walker daughter.

He starts stepping towards me and I go behind her and put my knife to her head.

"Stay the fuck back." I warn in a deep growl and he gulps and does just that.

"Please you have to understand, you said you lost your family to the virus. I couldn't lose my little girl!" He begs.

I sneer looking at him straight in the eyes. "I lied. I killed my entire family. Most of them before the apocalypse ever started. And now I'm gonna do your daughter a favor."

I shove my knife in her head and his demeanor completely does a 180. He growls and charges at me and tackles me to the ground. The knife goes flying out of my hand and I strain to reach it.

He gets on top of me and starts choking me. I claw at his arms but it's no use. He pants as he holds me down. I look up and see an excitement in his eyes. He's actually enjoying this.

I struggle under his weight knowing that this isn't going to end well for me. But part of me wants to stop fighting it. I hear a snap and my limbs go completely limp. Soon my world turns black.