After Everything

"So... How's your day?"

Hmm. How should I say this...

What is the word for nothing is going on with my life and I wish something interesting will happen so I don't drive myself insane? Or how about... I want to hit my head against the table repeatedly until I pass out, just to keep my life at least interesting. There's not a lot of words to describe those feelings, so I just said  "Fine, I guess. What about yours?" I guess she saw something in my expression that gave it away. She looked at me for a few seconds. But I looked away. She wouldn't understand. She has the life that everyone else would wish to have. Lisa Grace, my best friend... I think. I don't know. But I do know that everyone would want to be her. She's drop-dead gorgeous, with that curly and flowy brown hair you would only see at commercials, bright eyes, clear skin, perfect body. She even has this good looking boyfriend that of course, everyone would want to be with. Not to mention her stunning outfits that every guy falls in love with. They would even praise the floor that she steps in! Basically. Perfect.

"Mine's a bit interesting" Lisa giggled. Her I-met-a-cute-guy-and-I-think-he's-cute giggles. "Have you seen this new student? He's kind of...hot."

"No, I didn't even know there was a new student, I guess I wasn't paying attention" I tried to remember but nothing.

"Still daydreaming about Shayn? You know, maybe this new guy would be good for you... You could literally just snap your fingers and make him fall in love with you. In fact, the whole school will."

Lisa wiggled her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes.

"Who are we talking about? You could snap your fingers and everyone would fall in love with you. Not me. I'm not like you. Besides, he's probably out of my league since you like him. Your standards are pretty high"

"No, I don't think so" She shrugged. "They don't know what they should be doing or how to act unless you tell them. Besides, being loyal isn't hard. That's one of the most important things when you start a relationship." She gave me one of those smiles that charm every guy in this school. We both shared a smile. 

Who wouldn't want that? I sighed. "It's hard to find that kinda guy these days... I don't know if-"

I broke off mid-sentence and immediately noticed him from the crowd.

______________________________________________