C H A P T E R - 3

"Of all the places in the world, why are you here anyways?" Hoseok asked jungkook

"This place? There's no particular reason, but we always came here to sit under the tree to take some rest and relax ourselves. Just a random place where we would pour our hearts out" Suddenly, pain pierced his heart in the realization of that something's wrong.

"Who is it?" Hoseok asked to Jungkook.

A small gap between his lips was evident that he was breathing through his mouth. The warm air went all the way down his throat and came up, as his lungs contracted. He was feeling anxious.

"Leah. She's my girlfriend. I've been waiting for her from yesterday evening but, she hasn't showed up yet." words rolled out of Jungkook's lips. His expressions were not understandable.

"Are you saying that a girl has gone m-missing?" Namjoon asked him because Jungkook yet hadn't considered such a possibility. "Did you try calling her?" Hoseok asked Jungkook. 

"Jungkook?"

Lost in confusion, he didn't really pay attention to anything asked to him later. For a few seconds, he was completely spaced out. "Huh?" He suddenly replied and said "Y-Yes. I tried calling her but she didn't pick up my calls"

"At first, I was about to pick her up from her house. But when I reached her house, no one was there. So, I thought that she had already got off the house to meet me here. I then came here as fast as I could, but she wasn't here either."

"Shouldn't you have gone to find her?" Hoseok asked him. "I mean if you were really her boyfriend, shouldn't you atleast have been concer-"

Jungkook suddenly cut his sentence in mid-way and replied "She said that there was something important that she'd like to talk with me. That's why we planned to meet up a little early, in the evening. I thought maybe she had forgot the timing that we had fixed as we usually meet here only in the night time. That's why I was waiting the whole night"

"Alright, alright!" 

Hoseok yelled, explicitly showing that he was somehow annoyed by his reply. His eyes rolled from left to right with a grumpy look on his face.

"So, do you have any picture of her right now?" Namjoon asked Jungkook.

"Yeah-- about that." Jungkook pouted as he said "I don't really take pictures. I only paint them. I have a painting of her if that'd work"

Frustrated, Hoseok laughed hysterically not believing a single word that came out of his mere mouth.

In a world filled of people picturing others using cameras, Jungkook has never ever in his life, have took pictures. Though he has a phone, he never favored to take pictures. He was impressed to look at his paintings rather than looking at them pictures pasted almost everywhere, in billboards and banners.

"Where's the painting?" Namjoon was ready to use every single last clue of it but one would say that he was acting too naive.

"In my house" Jungkook replied. "Well then that's where we're going!" Namjoon replied. All the three members got into Jungkook's car and left the silent place.

With the mole-sized information gathered, there was absolutely nothing they were able to crack and so, throught out the car travel, in turns they kept asking Jungkook question after question.

From the outskirts of his hometown, they were heading towards Busan, where Jungkook lived at. It was almost a thirty minutes journey. "Do you know any other friends of her?" Namjoon asked Jungkook as he was cautiously driving the car.

Jungkook sitting next to the driver's seat, replied "Well she has a brother who also happens to be my best buddy." 

Hoseok spoke "Why don't you try calling him then?".

"Come to think of it, he was also supposed to meet us today there. I better call him first."

He searched for his friend's number and gave a call as soon as he found it. "What's his name?" 

Namjoon asked him.

"Taehyung" He replied.

Neither did Taehyung nor did Leah attended Jungkook's phone call. 

"Where does he live?" . 

"With Leah" Jungkook replied.

"What about their family?" Namjoon asked.

Jungkook replied "I don't know how am I supposed to know that!?" The air inside the car grew heavier. "Hey Jungkook, take it easy, it's alright. Okay? Do you think that we should go and check Leah's house again? yeah?" Namjoon asked softly.

"I think that'd be nice" He slowly nodded and replied.

Their plan of getting the painting of her at Jungkook's house was postponed, as they had decided to head directly to Leah's house to see if she was maybe back home. They reached the place sooner than expected. It was exactly the same as it was, when he went there before. Nothing had changed. As she lived in an individual house, no one was around her house either.

"Do you happen to have a spare key?" Namjoon asked to Jungkook.

"I do-- But it's in my house" He replied with his eyes wide open somehow embarrassed for not thinking about it in advance.

"Why didn't you ask that before Namjoon?" Hoseok was frustrated.

"Well- You didn't even ask it" Namjoon made his point.

There was nothing left to do, other than getting the spare key and the painting of Leah from Jungkook's house. By the time, it was already afternoon. The dark clouds had started to pile up above their heads. The mild rain had again started to drizzle. Not too far away from Leah's house was Jungkook's house.

A sea of thoughts irrelevant to each other pervaded up Jungkook's head. Unable to think straight, with uncertain emotions on his face, he tried to keep himself a calm composure.Both the officers observed the abrupt person claiming that his fellow ones were missing. To everything asked, he replied that it was in his house, almost making the situation look like he was taking them into a trap. 

What if he is actually a criminal?  A sudden sagacious thought entered into Hoseok's mind.

The blue sky is not blue, it's just a matter of science behind it making it look like it's blue. So was Jungkook just being himself or did he make himself look like something he wasn't? It's always hysterical how things are never the way they seem to be. It's indeed always a matter of perspectives and point of views, isn't it now? The truth would find it's way out but what if the truth is a lie? If so, then is the truth actually the truth or just another mere lie? 

[1076 words kskdsklfsk]

Hello amazing armiii!! I hope this was understandable cause this isn't exactly my writing style and as i've tried something new, it confuses me if you could grasp the story out of this.. yeah but anyways how are you?? hope y'all are safe and thank you soo muchh for readingg!! I love you guys soo muchh!! T____T