PROLOGUE

We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the spirit Himself intercedes for us.

                                                      Romans 8:26

"You've got to come, Lei" Cindy Joe sounded desperate each seconds that pass.

"The date was set in big motion Lei. And like what? I would go there alone? No way!" She made a skeptical face with her hands moving here and there.

"Then don't go. Easy!" Leisarah rolled her eyes heavenwards and continue doing her thing. She's in her coffee shop doing some errands since there's no much work in her office.

"You're so fucking hard-headed, Andres. The reunion was set by your former boyfriend. Its not like you are not moved on from everything anyway" Cindy rolled her eyes in response. The frustration in her voice was high like she was really getting pissed off by what was happening between her friend.  Umiling lamang ang kausap.

"You know it is not like that. Things were getting hectic and I'm so tired to even throw myself to a party" Of course, it was a lie. The hectic schedule is nothing but an excuse though she's real pretty tired with all of her works these passed few days.

"Really Lei, work huh!" Sabi ng isang bahagi ng isip ko. Ugh!

"Exactly my point!  You have to get a grip of your damn busy schedules. Its not healthy. You have to enjoy the life. The life, Lei. You're too busy making money, my goodness" Cindy's voice slow down a bit and surely the frustration in her face was even more visible if that's possible. Leisarah's brow shot up to her friend.  "In no time, she'll definitely give up in convincing me." She said to her subconscious.

"Look Leisarah Andres. If you haven't move on yet then don't you think, this is the best time for you to finally let everything go? You're going to see him after so long years of being apart and then, viola, you'll know its really time to let go." Leisarah shook her head in disappointment. No one but her knows she did really moved on. Years ago. Ang nararamdaman niya noon ay naputol na lang bigla bago pa ang lahat. Or she was trying to piss her too? Huh,  this girl!

Leisarah's former boyfriend is their batch mate in college. His name is Daxon. He was good, she'll give him that benefit and was successful both in career and family. He belonged to a wealthy family that owns an oil company and real estates. He was also an achiever and he's a pretty good person. That is why she gave him the chance and it is all worth it. It was worth it. Everyone knows how worthy he was - is - to her. Kahit pa noong inaasar pa lamang siya rito. Well, they spent their college years together and although most people in their batch expected that they were really into each other until the very end,  the inevitable came, they fall apart.

It is a mutual decision and it was hard for her really. Leisarah learned to really loved the guy and she learned so many things about him. Mga bagay na hindi niya sukat akaling alam ng binata. He's been nothing but good to her. They know each other so well and adjust to each other rants and all. But you know, there were really things that will suddenly dissapear or forgotten without you knowing it. Without actually learning that it is gone. Just like that.

You will wake up one day it is not the same as before. And you will come to question yourself why suddenly - it all crumpled down. That's part of life anyway. Things were sometimes, ironic.

"You know what Cindy. This is not me not wanting to be there because 'I can't move on'" --- Leisarah paused while rolling her eyes at her statement. "But this is me being so busy and so tired. I want to give myself a relaxation that I badly need not some party out there"

Leisarah turned her back on her friend and walk towards the counter. Her another friend Ben was there. Eyeing her and Cindy in complete curiosity. Nagtataka malamang kung nag aaway ba sila ng kausap. She just shrugged off her shoulder and look around the place.

The whole coffee shop was in full bloom. She can see people enjoying their stay. Well, given the coffee most people loves to enjoy, Leisarah chose to put an additional space for some book corner. Dahil mahal niya ang mga libro. Every customer can enjoy coffee while reading some books for free. Well not all the books anyway. She have loads for selling too. Plus the fact that her place was located near some good view. The ambiance was very so liffy, she'd guess.

Thinking this kind of business is like hitting two jobs with one stone. At dahil na rin, mahilig siyang magbasa at magkape. Maybe that's it.

"Ben, would you mind if you'll give me the income reports in my office. My head badly hurts, thanks Ben" She whisper the last sentence to him rolling her eyes at Cindy Joe and he laughed boisterously. She also winked at him before going inside her office while Cindy keep on talking and talking. She was behind her blabbering that she should go. She must! So that she wouldn't go there alone.

That's it. Sinasama lamang nito dahil wala siyang kasamang pupunta. Their batch set reunions every now and then. Hindi nga lang siya pumupunta dahil sa kanyang trabaho.

"Lei, you have to give a shot on this one. Who knows who you might meet there" Oh my God, here we go again - Leisarah thought. Rolling off her eyes, surely Cindy Joe's getting into her nerves. Well, kidding aside! She's used to her being so stubborn anyway.

"Shut your mouth Cindy Joe. I'm coming. Happy now?" There finally she said it. She should stop now before she will throw her out of the coffee shop by time. A smile slowly crept into her lips. Leisarah just smirked to her and shook her head because of her friend's persistency.

Cindy Joe is also her batch mate in college. They meet in a most very funny way that was well, another story. While Leisarah possessed the very calm character, Cindy Joe is her complete opposite. As in complete opposite talaga. She was crazy and loud. Something that she never imagined she will be like. However, Cindy's also very sweet and true and natural.  Something that she find most amazing for a friend, anyway.

Sometimes she would come to question herself how in the hell they completely clicked. Oftentimes, she thinks of their common traits and realized it's definitely so hard to even think they actually had in common. Maybe - in some other aspect. But all in all, they are way too different. She shook off the thoughts. Why does it matter anyway? At least Cindy was there. She wouldn't feel so alone.

Cindy Joe is the only person she got.

"When was it anyway?" She asked her pertaining to the event she was talking about just a while ago.

"Two days from now. You have to go, okay? You promised!" Leisarah just nodded to her dismissing the topic so she could just go and stop bugging her. She know eventually, in no time, Cindy will move her presence out of the place. And she was right.

"I have to go then. See you on the event" Cindy Joe smirked to her before leaving the place.

Exactly Cindy's dissapearance, Ben entered my office.

"Here's the report and here's your coffee"  Ben Anderson wink at her and put a cup of coffee above her table.

"I did not order you to bring me coffee, Ben" Leisarah encountered.

"Yea. But our customer gave you one." He said like someone giving a coffee for some stranger isn't a big deal at all. She was left dumfounded while watching Ben leave the room until nowhere in sight.

Leisarah put the cup farther but stop midway. She could feel the very familiar nervousness as she glance on the cup. On the side of it,  she notice the small - almost just one inch rectangular shape - sticky note that was glued on the cup.

'Let's have a coffee some time?' this words were written there.

Leisarah brows shot up but then, maybe she thinks it was nothing. Just some customer wanting some little conversation from her or maybe Cindy's friend trying to catch her eyes again. That woman!

Dusk were beginning to appear in the sky, for sure. It was past five when she move out inside her office. And before she left, she lift up the cup of full coffee.

"Oh! Never sip on it even a bit? " Ben asked and she just shrugged off her shoulder as an answer.

"I'll go now. You take care Ben. Bye" she grinned at him and she's off to go.