Three

Emma's POV

The Grammy Awards were three months ago.

In the music industry, and especially in California, summertime is known as 'discovery season'.

This is because producers and writers want to find their new artists for the year.

Record labels always are looking for new talent, and everyone wants to find the best of the best.

If you don't, you're not going to have time to make any super successful albums before the next Grammy Awards.

There's also the season of Award shows in general. The Billboard Music Awards, The American Music Awards, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, People's and Teen Choice Awards, and the MTV Video Music Awards are all important too.

But the three that people want the most are the Grammy's, Billboards, and the American Music Awards.

You not only want new talent. You want artists that are already successful to come your way.

Olivia and I finished writing the album for Last Knight, and they got it recorded pretty fast. Team work makes the dream work, and we all had a blast writing and producing the album.

On the other hand, I was writing music non-stop throughout the last month.

I was inspired because of everything I was feeling.

Ethan being across the hall from my office brought up a lot of unfinished feelings from home.

I wasn't only sad because I knew it was my fault that our ties were cut, but I missed the Ethan I used to know, and the Ethan that's sitting in his office across from mine isn't him.

Sure, I've seen glimpses of the old Ethan. Sometimes I walk through the hallway, and I can hear Ethan quietly playing his guitar. I usually peek through the door, and he is always staring out the window.

He used to do that back home. Stare out the window while he played guitar.

I taught him how to play, but he caught on so fast that he started teaching himself, and then he became one of the best guitar players I've ever known. He was as good as a guitar player as I was at playing piano.

And we were both good singers.

I miss singing and playing music with him.

I simply miss being best friends with him.

I'm surprised that throughout the last month Ethan hasn't caught me watching him play his guitar.

Seeing him in his natural habitat, just playing his guitar made me feel like my Ethan was sitting right there.

He was still being a bit resentful towards me, but certain moments of eye contact during company meetings, jokes I would make in the break room that only he would laugh at, made me feel like he was lightening up.

All of the music I had written was so personal to me, that I could only do one thing with it.

"Liv?" I asked as I stepped into her office.

"Come in, sis. What's up?"

I shut the door before sitting down in one of the other chairs in her office.

"I wrote a ton of songs, and I want to make my own album, but I don't want to use my own name. Would you be interested in producing it with me?"

"Emma, of course! You're the first person in the world I would want to produce for."

"I love you, Liv."

"Love you too, Em. Why don't you start by sending me the songs, and I can see what I can whip up, and then we can record next week?"