Chapter one: The Red Lotus

Zo Ren walked along the corridors. He just finished his training with the other benders and was feeling slightly exhausted. The corridors of the underground base were dark and stuffy, but Ren never dare complain about it. No one did. The underground base, situated deep below a desert in the middle of nowhere, was not only home to Ren and hundreds of other benders and non-benders, but also the headquarters of an organisation claimed to restore freedom to the world-------The Red Lotus.

     The Red Lotus was formed by a group of former White Lotus members who believed that the White Lotus had lost its true purpose. Since then, they had been carrrying out missions that fulfilled their objectives.  

     The first mission was to kidnap the avatar and teach her the ways of the Red Lotus. However, Zaheer, Ghazan, P'Li and Ming Hua (the elite team of the Red Lotus) had failed. As a result, they were imprisoned in places where their skills were unusable, leading them to 13 years in jail. Despite the failure, the other members continued their operations in secret. 

     The second mission, lead by Unalaq, the chief of the Northern Water Tribe, was to open the spirit portals and release Vaatu to dismantle world leaders and allow spirits and humans to coexist together. All had gone well, till Unalaq took matters for his personal ambitions------to become the dark avatar. He became unstoppable and began destroying Republic City. But avatar Korra managed to defeat him, causing his death and destroying Vaatu. The avatar, however, did let the spirit portals stay open.

     The third was brutal. Seeing that they couldn't raise the avatar since young, they shifted plans. They planned on killing her in the avatar state, ending the avatar cycle . In the eyes of the Red Lotus, the world no longer needed an avatar. To them, she was only a disturbance. Still, even with Zaheer gaining airbending abilities and freeing the others to join forces, they were close but did not succeed on annihilating her. The consequences were again imprisonment for Zaheer and the death of the three others.

     Despite that, Zaheer did manage to assassinate the Earth Queen as the plan was to execute nation leaders to allow a new world to emerge from destruction. He wanted change. And in return, there was  a change, but this was no good change for not only the Earth Kingdom, but also the rest of the world.

     At that time when the Earth Kingdom lost their queen, the nation was broken apart. Chaos arose and there was no order. No one wanted to shoulder the responsibility but her. She stood up and gave her word, convincing the people of Ba Sing Se that she would serve them and unite the nation as one again. The people believed her and made her the ruler. With a group of loyal metalbenders, she began her mission to reunite cities and villages of the former Earth Kingdom. However, as she gained control over more and more cities and villages, her desire for power grew. She became forceful with getting places under her control and if anyone dare stood in her way of getting what she wanted, she would sent them to reeducation camp or locked them up in prison.

     She's no better than the Earth Queen. But what made her a threat was the huge army that works for her and the mega blaster powered by spirit wine energy that could blow up an entire city.

     The Red Lotus expected non of this. Since things had took a turn for the worst, they no longer plan on killing the avatar, but yet have changed their focus on her.

     "Ren! Wait up!"shouted Sue from behind him. She'd been chasing her brother and was now leaning against the wall, breathing heavily.

      Ren turned around, only to find his sister at the other end of the corridor. He walked towards her.  "Oh, hey Sue," he murmured in a tired tone.    

      "Have you heard?"asked Sue while showing obvious signs that she was still out of breath. 

     "About what?"

     "About the Kuvira thing."

     "Oh that. Ya, I did from the others during training."

     "Aren't you afraid?"

     "Neh."

     "You know their gonna send you on a mission right?"asked Sue. But this time there was a hint of sadness in her voice.

     "I know."

      The siblings stood in silence for a while untill Sue spoke again.

     "Just promise me you'll be fine no matter what happens."

     "I promise"

     Though both Sue and Ren knew that these words could not guarantee anything, non of them mentioned anything more about this matter.