Look At Me

3rd Person POV

In a bustling and restless city like Seoul, swarmed with people of flawless physical features, of course one of the biggest professions is to be a model. A successful model would be highly paid, showered with exposures, tempting offers, and beloved by many—who doesn't want all that in life? But, the journey to be one is surely not going to be a cakewalk. One would need the look, the attitude, and pure talent to even win the attention of a scout (and even that still need a lot of luck).

There goes Yeh Shuhua, a young Taiwanese girl that just turned 20 last January. On her school days, Shuhua has always been adored by many, but also envied. What with her snow-white skin and lively eyes she's attracted so many hearts, but being a timid girl that she is, she's always kept her circle small. Shuhua has never been fond of exposure. She always had a hard time being confident even if she's gifted with a physical appearance so beautiful that she can't even remember how many admirers she's turned down before; not because she's arrogant, but because she's insecure. Other girls would either hate her or love her simply because of who she is, and she always tries her best to live with that. This girl moved to Seoul with a huge dream in her head: to be a renowned model. What she doesn't know is that turning 20 would be the biggest turn of events in her life.

"Whoa.." Shuhua muttered under her breath as she flipped pages after pages of a fashion magazine. "Are you kidding me? They all look so gorgeous, I could never..." she sighed as she placed the magazine back on her desk. The pale-skinned girl then typed on her browser's search engine, looking up for a name. "Seo Soojin. Right, that's her name" said she to herself as she pressed enter. Then the search engine brought up numerous results, mostly photos of the woman named Seo Soojin. "She.. she was my senior, I always look up to her, I can't be mistaken!" a huge smile appears on Shuhua's face, as if she just found a priceless gem. "I can't believe she's a famous model now, but I'm not surprised either, she was and still as breathtaking as ever" she kept talking to herself excitedly, admiring over this Seo Soojin.

Back on her school days, Soojin happened to be Shuhua's senior. Soojin was a famous student, your typical it girl with countless admirers and achievements, everyone in school knew her. The latter was famous for being the leader of the school's dance team, and Soojin's never failed to impress. Soojin was known for being #1 in almost everything, but word has it that she's actually very shy & quiet when not under the spotlight.

"Yeh Shuhua, aren't you supposed to go to the audition today?" a voice came from behind Shuhua. "I know Yuqi, I was just," "admiring?" the other girl's voice interrupted Shuhua, followed with a small chuckle. "No dummy, I was trying to get inspired!" Shuhua quickly turned off her computer and stood up with a pout, facing her roommate. "Yuqi-ya, will you come with me and be my emotional support? Pweease~?" plead the younger girl with her irresistible puppy eyes, "I'm only coming because you're treating me after" Yuqi replied with her tongue out.

With that settled Shuhua wore her best outfit, applied the best makeup, and went to the mirror to check herself out. She experimented by making small, modest poses, along with a suitable facial expression, and then took a deep breath. "Off we go" Shuhua said to her own determined reflection. Today's supposed to be the day where Cube, one of the best modeling agencies in Seoul, opens an audition for young aspiring models, which means it won't be easy for Shuhua to get through. Shuhua felt that her insecurity grows larger as she glanced at other participants and saw how beautiful they all are. "Shuhua, I believe in you" Yuqi placed her hand on Shuhua's shoulder before sending the younger girl off to the audition room when her turn is up. Shuhua responded with a weak nod and a gulp, feeling her heart beating so rapidly inside her chest it almost hurt. "I won't break" Shuhua whispered to herself and entered the audition room with a strong will.