Chapter 19

I sigh as I look at Lauren, who is sleeping. We are in London right now and it is our last day here. My birthday is today and I just want to spend it with Lauren. I quietly get out of bed and step into the bathroom. I turn on the shower and step inside. I close my eyes as the warm water touches my skin. I stand still for a couple of minutes before grabbing the shampoo and wash my hair.

After 10 minutes, I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my waist. I pad across the room to the sink and grab my brush and comb my brown hair into a Faux Hawk Fade. My hair is short on the sides and back, fading into the longer hair on the top. I then put beard oil on my cheeks and rub it on my light stubble. Sighing, I wet my toothbrush and brush my teeth. I step out of the bathroom to see Lauren is awake.

"Hey sleepyhead," I joke walking towards her.

"It's 8 am, Nick," laughs Lauren as I sit beside her. I kiss her forehead and sighs.

"Oh, by the way," Lauren says.

"Hm," I respond.

"Happy Birthday," Lauren says. I kiss her on the lips and smile at her.

"Thank you," I say.

"What do you want to do?" Lauren asks getting out of bed.

"Spend the day with you," I say it like it's the most obvious thing in the world. She left the room to take a shower. I get changed into a white t-shirt that has a Ferris wheel with two people climbing it, a pair of blue jeans and Vans. I'm a big fan of Divergent in case you didn't know. Lauren steps out of the bathroom, grabs her clothes and gets changed in the bathroom.

"I have a surprise for you later tonight," Lauren says once she steps out of the bathroom.

"Can't wait," I say. Lauren wears a loose Harry Potter T-shirt, blue ripped jeans and Vans.

I noticed that Lauren was quiet when we got breakfast and walked around London. She was tired and would take breaks from walking. I was concerned because Lauren would go on 5 mile runs with me and workout. She just ignored what I was saying, no matter the number of times I would ask her. We spent the day walking to Buckingham Palace, went into Madame Tussauds, Tower Bridge, and saw Big Ben.

By 5 o'clock, we had changed into fancier clothes. I changed into a white dress shirt, black pants and a suit jacket. Lauren got changed into a loose dress that went down to her knees. She told me to for her in the front lobby because she had to do something. I was annoyed but I did what she asked me. After 10 minutes, she came down to the lobby and we went to a restaurant called Amurtha Lounge that was down the street from our hotel room. I ordered a steak and she ordered the club salad. I wanted to ask her why she acting suspicious but decided not to.

By the time the check comes, I can't take this. When we leave, I pull Lauren to the side.

"Why are you acting like this?" I ask.

"Like what?" she responds.

"You haven't said anything to me when I was trying to help you earlier today. How come?" I ask.

"You're right. I haven't been acting like myself.... and there's a reason," Lauren says. She takes my hand and leads me back to the hotel room. She opens the door, tells me to close my eyes and leads me to the bed.

"Open them, Nick," Lauren says. I open my eyes and see small, blue coloured pyjamas on the bed on top of a box. I grab the pyjamas and place them beside the box. I undo the ribbon and lift the top off. Inside is a pregnancy test and a black and white picture. I take the test out and see that it has two red lines, meaning that she is pregnant. I take the picture out and examine it. I look at Lauren, who was holding her stomach.

"You're pregnant?" I ask softly. She nods as tears spring to my eyes. I smile, lifting her and spinning her around. "How far along are you?" I ask putting her down.

"3 months," Lauren replies happily. She was pregnant before the wedding I thought.

"You were pregnant before the wedding," I say. She nods and smiles a little.

"I know. I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you right away," Lauren says. "You were busy with the team, helping me plan the wedding and I thought telling you on your birthday would be the right time," she stammers out.

"I'm glad that you told me tonight," I say kissing her. "Best birthday present."

I look at her enlarged stomach. "Can I feel?" I ask. She nods. She grabs my hand, places it on her stomach and waits. I smile and look at her.

"What are we having?" I ask after a couple of minutes.

"A boy," Lauren says looking at me with a smile.

I laugh and kiss her again.

"Thank you, Lauren," I say.

"What for?" Lauren asks.

"For making my birthday the best. For telling me that you are pregnant," I say.

"I love you, Nick," Lauren says.

"I love you more," I say kissing her forehead.