Let's Talk Kaachi

Woo chile, this is sum

~Kaachi is a 4 member girl group under FrontRow. The group consist of members CoCo, Chunseo, Dani, and Nicole. They are actually based in London, England and debuted on April 15, 2020 with the song Your Turn.

~Okay now that we know the basics about them, I think we should talk about the controversy surrounding the group (and May I say, it is a lot) and my thoughts about the group as well. And before I get started I NEED y'all to NOT send hate to them, even though people are anyway, but yeah hating does nothing in the end AND LETS START.

~What I want to talk about first is them "hating" on Jennie from BLACKPINK. So, they were doing a dance challenge where someone yells out a style of dance to do and then the members have to do such style. So the person yelled out Lazy and then said "like Jennie" and they danced lazily. In my opinion I don't find that offensive, all of y'all that are mad was the same ones talking about Jennie so... but also, it's a joke, they didn't direct any HATE to Jennie. Plus, it's true she was dancing lazily at one point.

~Next is the fact that Chunseo ship herself with BTS member Jungkook. I don't see the problem with that because, a lot of fans do the same thing. Doing such things doesn't make one a Koreaboo or an obsessed fan, it's just simply a thing that fans do, in K-Pop or in other genres of music. Plus, as long as she isn't putting Jungkook or BTS into any danger there shouldn't be a reason to be mad at her.

~People are also upset that the members aren't Korean AND that they aren't fluent in the language. As well as the opinion that they are using their white privilege to bye-pass norms. I believe that you don't have to be Korean to be a K-Pop idol, that's like saying "oh you're not from hispanic or latin decent so you can sing our songs, or sing in our language." They are just using a specific genre of music. Now, I DO agree that they should be fluent in the language if they want to do something. As for the white privilege, I also agree because, many people hate on Alex for being black and they say that black people shouldn't be in K-Pop, but because they are white some people overlook that factor. Also the fact that they are getting away with cultural appropriation, I am not going to deny, they are Koreaboo's but again to some that is overlooked.

~On a more "I 100% agree" note, people do say that they can't sing or rap, or that they aren't strong in those fields. I believe they have potential but I don't think that they sound good in their debut song. They are lacking in....the basic skills needed to be an IDOL.

~Lastly I want to discuss the popular opinion that they are just Koreaboo's and what they are doing is not actually K-Pop. Yes they are koreaboo's and no what they are doing is not GOOD K-Pop. I really don't have a solid opinion on this because I personally consider it K-Pop for right now, but also I've read articles and peoples opinions that make me start to think that maybe it's not (on a technical scale.)