(29) 𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘺 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘥

My feet couldn't carry me any quicker as I strode with purpose down St Anne's Court. I had bumped into many people on my journey, not bothering to ask if they were okay or apologising for my reckless movements. There was one thing and one thing only on my mind and it was not going to leave my mind until I'd sorted this mess out once and for all.

I jogged up the stairs to the main entrance to Trident Studios, once again, and walked straight up to the reception desk, the young woman sat behind it as usual. It had been a week since Veronica had accidentally told Emma about Roger's indiscretions, and I'd had enough of all the petty arguing and the depressing undertone of the seven days leading up to my sudden rush of confidence. I took my ID out of my pocket, actually having remembered to bring it, and tossed it on the receptionist's desk.

"Queen are here, yeah?" I asked with little to no emotion, already beginning to walk around the desk and down the hallway towards studio D. I gave the receptionist no time to respond, and I was already turning the door handle. Luckily, they weren't recording anything currently, so I busted my way in with no remorse. Brian was sat on the sofa in the control room, no prior knowledge of my arrival.

I did feel slightly bad as I completely ignored by boyfriend and scanned my eyes round the control room and the live room. Freddie emerged into my eyesight, but instead of responding to the typically boisterous greeting, I looked him dead in the eye and asked with a hard tone and a slightly clenched jaw.

"Where is he?" I was met by a confused face and Brian came up behind me, reaching out to touch my shoulder. Before he could fully touch me, I caught a glimpse of the drummer enjoying a beer in the live room.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him." I mumbled, pushing past Freddie and making a beeline towards Roger, who didn't seem to react much to my ascension. I stopped no more than a few inches away from him, jabbing a finger in his direction. "You are the biggest arsehole going, what the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yelled, causing him to furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't know what you're talking about—"

"Don't patronise me, Roger! Why the fuck haven't you talked to Emma?!" I flared my nostrils as he began to walk away and back into the control room, where he set his beer down on one of the amps. I followed him, insistent on an answer from him. Brian reached out to try and pull me in his direction, but it was fruitless. I shoved his arm out the way. "I'm not gonna do anything, I just want to know why he can't keep his dick in his pants and not talk to his girlfriend about it after she finds out!"

At that, Roger spun round, almost startling me completely. "I have tried to talk to her!" He shouted at me, the sudden increase in volume scaring me slightly.

"Back it up a bit, mate, yeah?" Brian asked calmly, yet firmly, holding his arm out between me and Roger. "You don't need to shout at her."

"What gives her a right to shout at me?!" Roger whined, once again returning to his usual temper-tantrum self that he resorted to when he felt uncomfortable.

"Well, you don't have to be as bad as each-other, do you? Just calm down. Both of you." Brian scolded, looking between the two of us. He looked at Freddie, who sipped at his own beer and shook his head. For once, Freddie Mercury didn't want to get involved in our shit. And I didn't blame him for it. I embedded myself into this mess and I was so deep into it that I was inches away from knocking Roger out.

Once I calmed down a fraction, I asked with a less aggravated tone. "You better start talking, Taylor, whilst I'm not inclined to beat the crap out of you." I glanced at Brian, who still had his arm between us.

"I tried to talk to her after she stormed out the day she found out, Maria, and she wasn't having any of it. I stopped by the flat like two days after and I didn't get an answer when I knocked at the door. Same goes for the phone, nobody ever picked up. So, don't get pissy with me, love, when you don't know jackshit about what's been going on with us two."