2. Forever.

Renn woke up suddenly. Eyes burning and heart racing. She jumped as beads of sweat dripped from her face. She wiped them away absently and took in her surroundings. The cabin among the mountain top. Wolf padded slowly over to her side and rubbed his nose against her arm, she stroked him quietly. "Just another nightmare, I'm okay" she whispered to him.

As she stopped stroking wolf, she noticed that her other hand was grasped tightly closed around the wolf charm hanging from her necklace. The same one Torak had been wearing in her dream, it once belonged to Torak, but after he had gone missing this was all they could find from where he last was. She had refused against the clan to burn it along with his other belongings, as was the tradition for fallen members of the clan. But she refused to believe that Torak was dead, she knew he wasn't.

It was a ridiculous thought, but she just knew that if he was dead then she would feel it. Their connection was much stronger than any other bond known to mankind, they were bonded not just through blood but through spirit and soul, connected as one. Linked for a lifetime. When one became injured or hurt or was in trouble, the other would be able to feel it instantly and know something wasn't right. Most of the time that connection would be how they communicated when words became too heavy to speak.