Chapter Two

The truck starts up with a rumble, the smell of petrol filling the cabin, god it's such a great smell. I ram the old girl into first gear, roaring out of the property.

With Alice Cooper's rusty voice singing Poison, I tap happily along on the steering wheel, belting out at the top of my lungs "I wanna love you but I better not touch!" I sling my head back, cruising along the Main Street.

I turn down the music as a start looking for the car, like that's going to help my eyesight! I slowly pull up to a pitch black Mustang, fenders to die for. "Hey mate, are you the bloke that rang about the car problems?" I sling my elbow over the window of the truck, yelling across the street.

The suited man swings around looking at me, he looks like a very strict man, boss type, with over-gelled slick hair, combed towards the back of his head. He looks at me with furrowed eyes.. "From Stone Mechanics?" He lowers his head, still looking at me.

"That's the one, let me just chuck a u-ey at the end of the street and I can sort you out." I flash him a dazzling smile, driving off, my smile turns into a slow grin. I bet he didn't realise I was gonna rock up.

I park next to the empty space in front of his car, as far off the road as I could. I put  on the hazard lights and jump out the car. I walk around to the popped bonnet and take a look at the owner. "Can you start it up for me?"

He looks over at me, an eyebrow raised. "It isn't starting, if it has started then maybe I would have been able to leave this goddamn parking spot!" He snickers.

"Look, I need to hear the engine. Can you please try to turn over the car?" I glare. He lets out a huge huff, leaning off the car and walking around to the drivers side, starting it up. I lean down, taking a better look at the engine as he turns over the car. The grinding noise is coming from the end of the engine.

I hear a giggle coming from the car. What the hell? "You've got a mad oil leak, it's all over the alternator and starter motor. If you'd like, I can jump start the car and you can drive it back to the workshop, however you'll risk the engine over heating and destroying everything. Or I can hitch it up to the tow truck and give you a lift back to the workshop." I wipe my oily hands on my work overalls.

The man looks at me, giving me an evil laugh. "Look, sweetheart," he steps forward, "no offence, but I really don't think you know the first thing about cars. How can an engine have a leak, when it's one big metal thing?" I take a step closer. Who does he think he is?

"If you don't want the help, you can find someone else to-." My sentence was cut short.

"Dad, just drop it! Sorry about him, he's old fashioned. We'd love your help, wouldn't we Dad?" I spin around to find a face to the voice and my god did I find a face. He's propped up against the car, his arms leaning on the roof. My eyes take over his perfectly sculptures, god built face. His dark orange hair, sitting perfectly to the side. He has piercing green eyes and light freckles.

His father clears his throat behind me, "Sure son." He tightens his smile. I walk around to the front of the truck, pulling forward and reversing up to the front of the car, looking at the rear view mirror, I can see the worried look on his dad's face.

I jump out and grab the wrench, dragging it down the tow truck. Leaning down, I hitch the car, before using the pad to drag the car up.

The drive back to the workshop was awkward, you could cut the air with a knife. His father clears his throat as he gets off the phone, "How much will this set me back?"

Shifting the truck into fourth, I cleared my throat. "I, um- I'm unsure sir. My Dad will be back at the workshop when we get there so he can have a chat to you." His son was sitting right between us, he cologne making its way into my nose. I could melt. I had so many questions zipping through my stupid brain, where is he from? Will he stay? Has he been here this whole time but I live under a hypothetical rock with nothing but my best friend? Wow, I'm such a loser.

We pull into the workshop, I reverse up and drop the car. I look up at the time and it's already 5:43pm. Shit, I have so much homework to do. I call out to Dad and explain to him the issue. He also agrees to let me go, he could see the exhaustion on my face. I smile and give him a kiss on the cheek before going into the bathroom to change.

I walk out in my ripped skinny jeans and combat boots. I slide my helmet over my head and just onto my motorbike. As the engine warms, I look down at my phone, frantically texting my best friend.

5:46pm
Danni: Devon Devon Devon. I found the love of my life!!! I'll ring when I get home!!

I slid my phone into my jacket pocket, I spin around to go wave at my Dad, but he was no where to be seen. Instead, hot pocket red head, was leaning against the door, slowly taking a drag of his cigarette, staring at me.

—————
A/N

Hey guys! I'm really sorry these chapters are short, I have an idea on how I want this story to go but I struggling to fill in the empty spaces. Give me ideas if you please! Also this book will have a lot to do with cars and whatnot, but also high school love and bullying!

-Jas