Fashion Forward

Howard stands in front of the mirror adjusting a long blue gradient feathered cape. "I just don't see how this works" he mutters to himself.

"Howard, what do you think you're
doing!?" Vince stormed over to the startled moustached man dressed in one of his capes.

"Hands off the merchandise!" He grabs the blue fluffy feathered cape off Howard's shoulders.

"Okay, I'm sorry- look I'm just trying to spice things up. A man corset and these fedora hats really aren't luring the ladies in like I thought they would"

"Of course not, you big git! You're wearing bloody socks with Birkenstocks." Vince violently gestures at Howard's poor choice in footwear then folds up his cape.

"Hey! Don't you mock my footwear little man!" Howard points his finger at Vince but his tiny little cockerel eyes don't harbour enough anger to be feared.
"They always seem to fall for you" he drops his finger and hangs his head in shame.

"Look Howard, if you really want to freshen up your look then why don't you listen to some of my pointers?"

"Don't you dare say to stop my sweet Jazz music" he started to uncontrollably jazz scat.

"Howard...Howard!!" Vince yelled snapping Howard out of his trance.

"Whoa okay, I was in deep that time. Look Vince I'm going to ask you this once. And only once. Let's hope it doesn't go horribly wrong."

"And what is is Howard?"

Moon took a deep breath...
"I want you to style me for the party"

"Oh sure that's nothing, I style you all the time" Vince shrugged as he ran a hand through his jet black hair.

"What do you mean you style me? I mean I already know about you cutting my hair! God it's so invasive"
He shivers at the thought coming back to him. The midnight Barber.
A gust of wind rolls by.

"Yeah Howard, it's more like tried to style. Where do you think those clothes come from in your wardrobe?"

"You mean all those new things? I thought it was some sort of never ending wardrobe. I keep throwing stuff out but it comes back!"

"Oh you big git! That was me. Trying to get some style into that crusty brain if yours. Get a bit of top shop into ya." Vince pokes Howard in the chest.

"And yes I've been using your credit card to buy all those clothes for you... I'd probably try and take some of those clothes you threw away back cause well.." he chuckles "they weren't cheap".

"My bank card! My bank card!! Vince how much have you spent?!" Howard grabbed Vince by the shoulders shaking him.

"I don't know.. but you did get some post from them today, looks urgent..."

Howard hurried over to the pile of letters ripping the one labelled urgent open....

"VVVVVIIIIIINNNCCCCCEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"