Chapter 18

Haewon sighed as she left the classroom heading to her locker. She had finally finished her last exam of the week, and to be honest, she felt pretty good about them.

Renjun and Jinah has helped her catch up, and by the time exams had started, she felt like her old self again.

As she approached her locker, she smiled to see a boy leaning on the lockers, scrolling through his phone. As she got closer, the boy looked up, smiling back at her as he put his phone in his pocket.

"See it wasn't that bad." Renjun said ruffling her hair.

"Easy for you to say, you left so early." Haewon replied opening her locker. Renjun simply shrugged.

"I always leave early, can't help it." Renjun said to her, trying to look innocent. Haewon simply laughed.

"Are you heading to the library?" Haewon asked him. Renjun nodded.

"Now that exams are over, a bunch of students are probably going to be returning their books." Renjun quickly checked his watch.

"I actually have to head over now, but before I go, take this." Renjun opened his school bag, taking out a book and passing it to her. Haewon slowly took it from his hands.

"What is this for?" Haewon asked him as he closed his bag, slinging it over his shoulder.

"For the weekend." Renjun said, giving her a smile before running off.

"You're in a good mood." Haechan said as he approached the girl, eyes trailing Renjun's back.

"Renjun gave me a book." Haewon told him, a beaming smile on her face. It soon fell from her face as she watched Jeno and Jaemin walk passed them. Haechan turned to see what she was looking at. Once he saw the two boys, he rolled his eyes back towards Haewon before sticking his leg out behind him.

"Haechan, what the heck bro." Jeno said, now on the floor to Haewon's surprised. Students in the hallway began staring at them. Haechan simply put his hands in his pockets, turning around to face the boy.

"I believe you owe someone an apology." Haechan said as Jaemin helped his friend up.

"I don't owe anyone anything." Jeno replied, dusting his pants off. Haewon grabbed Haechan's arm.

"Hyuck, it's okay, just let it go." Haewon said. Haechan shook her arm off. He took a step towards the two boys.

"Honestly, I'm so sick and tired of both of you and the school's stupid status system. I don't know when it started but just because you two are football jocks, doesn't mean that you rule the school. And just because Haewon freaking reads, doesn't make her any less of capable cheerleading captains. You all need to get that status quo stuff out of your heads." Haechan paused for a second before looking Jeno in the eye.

"I think it's pathetic that you two have to hide your passion for dance, just because you're athletes." Haechan spat at them before turning around.

"I'll meet you in the parking lot." Haechan told Haewon, playing with his car keys as he walked down the hallway.

The students were silent for a moment, unsure of what to say. Soon, murmurs began and Jaemin and Jeno exchanged looks, feeling ashamed. Haewon closed her locker, gave the two boys a quick glance before making her way to the school's parking lot.

...

"Wow, Haechan's got some guts." Renjun said over the phone. Haewon decided to call Renjun, filling him in on the events that occurred in their school hallway. Haewon smiled at the boy's comment as she walked around her room, phone against her ear. She picked up the book from her desk before getting comfortable in bed.

"Yeah, I can't believe he said that either." Haewon told him.

"Sometimes I forget the amount of times I scolded him throughout high school. He was such a big troublemaker up until senior year." Renjun said.

"He really worked hard this year, I hope everything goes well." Haewon told him, examining the book in her hands. It was a pretty hardcover book, black in colour.

"Oh, I think he's back from Jinah's place now. I'm going to talk to him now. I'll see you on Monday, let me know how you like the book!" Renjun said to her as she heard the front door open on the other side of the line.

"Bye Renjun." Haewon said as he ended the call. She put her phone on her nightstand before opening the book.

...

"How do you even get this?" Haechan asked Renjun as he held a large sheet of chart paper rolled up in his hand. The class president's of each class had gathered early in the morning, ready to post the rankings of each student up in the hallway.

"I got it from the principal's office while you were taking your sweet time parking." Renjun said, unrolling the list and holding it against the wall. He turned his head towards Haechan, who passed him pieces of tape.

"There, all done." Renjun said, clapping his hands together. The two boys examined the list as students began gathering around. Haechan turned around, not wanting to see his results.

Renjun looked up, pleased with his first place, but what made him really happy was the name sitting at fifth. As he noticed Haechan's new position, he slapped the boy in the head.

"Yah, what was that for?" Haechan said, staring at Renjun.

"Look at your results." Renjun told him, motioning his head to the list.

"I don't want too." Haechan said stubbornly.

"You got 12th." A girl's voice said from beside Haechan.

"Yah, I told you I didn't want to know." Haechan said in an angered tone, turning to face the owner's voice. Haechan quickly covered his mouth, realizing who it was. Jinah simply laughed at the boy.

"Damn Renjun, I still couldn't beat you." Jinah said with a smile, looking at her 2nd place. Renjun took out his phone, dialling Haewon's number before putting his phone to his ear.

"Hello? Haewon, where are you? I just put the results up." Renjun said into the phone before feeling a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to find the girl he was looking for. Renjun moved aside, allowing the girl to see her results. As soon as she saw her name, a smile grew across her face.

"I hope you kept your weekend free." Renjun whispered into Haewon's ear.

———————————————————————————

Omgggg their comeback is soooo soonnnn