Chapter 8

As promised Haoxuan distracted his teammates for the night, treating them to dinner and drinks, allowing Xian to complete his job.

Xian successfully killed Daniel, just like how they had killed his Lan Zhan, and walked out of the house, not visiting the convenience store this time. He made sure not to leave a single piece of evidence behind.

With that, 7 down and 1 to go!
But Xian couldn't find He Peng no matter what. There wasn't any news of him, and He Peng's father himself had registered a missing complaint in He Peng's name.

........................................................................

"Sir.... " A subordinate came running into Haoxuan's cabin and Haoxuan knew what it was for.

"Sir, Daniel has been murdered. Number 2...... " The subordinate panted.

"Any evidence? " Haoxuan asked.

"None, sir. " The subordinate said in a low voice.

"Did you find He Peng? " Haoxuan enquired.

"No, sir. He's no where to be found. It's said that he fled the country with a fake passport, so it's taking sometime to find him. " The subordinate said.

"Do me a favor. " Haoxuan said.

"At your service, sir. " The subordinate said.

"Go to this location. There's a body buried there. It belongs to this person called Lan Wangji. " Haoxuan said handing his subordinate the address and a photo of Lan Wangji.
"Dig out the body and ask them to do a postmortem. I want the report as soon as possible. " Haoxuan said.

"But, who's this sir? " The subordinate asked.

"It's someone to whom we have to find justice. Remember, this is very confidential. Only you and I know this. If it's leaked to a third person, get ready to face the consequences. " Haoxuan warned.

"I'll not tell this to anyone. I swear on my life, sir. " The subordinate said.

........................................................................

"Xian, I'll have to go to Korea as I have some work over there. Will you be fine here? " Jiyang asked.

"Don't worry, ge. I'll be alright. I'll soon follow you, as soon as I find He Peng. " Xian said.

"Xian, you have killed them all. Now the only one left is He Peng. We don't even know where he is. How are you going to search him? How long are you going to search for him, Xian? " Jiyang asked in a worried voice.

"It doesn't matter how long it takes, ge. I'll find him no matter what. I cannot rest until I find him and kill him. " Xian said.

"Xian, just think about it. Isn't it better for him to die everyday, rather than dying all at once? He ran away because he fears death. That's good. Let the fear eat him alive. Let him suffer. Not knowing when he'll die and waiting for death everyday is better than dying at once, Xian. So let him suffer instead of killing him. " Jiyang said.

"But, ge--- "

"I just said you what I feel, Xian. You don't have to follow it if you don't like it. Just do what you want. " Jiyang said with an assuring smile.

Xian nodded as he hugged Jiyang, before sending him off.

........................................................................

"Tell me, officer. Where you able to trace him? " Xian asked Haoxuan.

"No, Xian. I'm sorry. But the thing is we can use his disappearance to our advantage. " Haoxuan said.