8

A/N

I said last chapter that I hadn't updated in a while because of a lack of motivation. It was that and I had kind of lost where I was going with the whole thing. I was thinking about this story a little while ago and I think, even if it means cutting it off short, I want this story to have an end, I don't want it to be forever held in limbo because I lost track of what I was doing for literally forever.

So, while it won't be the grand fantastical ending that it could have been, I'm going to give this story an ending. It might be this chapter, or there might be a few more to come but this story will have an end, if only because I don't want to be the writer that never finishes telling a story. I've been a reader of someone who's done that, I don't want to do it to others, whether it be 1 person or 100, I don't want to do it.

So enjoy and I'm sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bee's View

It's so awkward.

Why is it so awkward? 

Why can't I just relax? 

If I could just relax, maybe Mitchell would... he would...

Who am I kidding? It's Mitchell, he's not going to just forgive me just because I suddenly try to make it seem like nothing's wrong... If anything, he'll just hate me more...

He has every right to be mad, I know that, I just wish he'd give me a chance to explain myself... even if it doesn't fix everything, it might make him look at me again, maybe even smile at me again... Even if he won't love me anymore. I try to catch his eye again...

Nothing.

I look down.

I see a small splash in my food, followed by another, I lift my hand to my face and feel moisture, I feel salty tears run down my face and slip into my mouth or splash into my food. I feel a hand on my arm and turn to see Rose giving me sad, comforting smile. I smile back, at least, I think I do. I can't tell anymore... I can't...

"Bee." 

Mitchell's voice...

"Come with me" 

"Ok"

Straub's View

I'm supposed to be mad at her. Hell, I am mad at her! But seeing her like that... I couldn't take it. We had to sort this out. Now.

So I took her from the restaurant and into a corner where no one would see us, none of the others, at least.

"Why?" I demanded. I was being harsh, I knew that but I was so angry about everything. It wasn't even just the stuff with Jordan but also her then taking off back to her ex.

"I'm sorry..."

"No more sorry's, I don't care about the sorry's anymore, I just want to know why"

Her tears started falling again and I watched her wipe them out of her eyes.

"I was so scared... All I wanted was to be with you again, to have you hold me, to kiss you... but I couldn't... I didn't know what to do and Jordan was right there... Offering..."

"Why did you leave?"

"You were mad at me, I couldn't have stayed with you and there was nowhere else for me to go other than back home... What did you expect me to do?!" She raised her voice at the end and I felt myself take a step back.

"Was he a good kisser?" I felt myself ask, unsure what I wanted the answer to be. 

"Not as good as you" I could hear the smirk in her voice so I looked up at her, to see her looking up at me, tears still in her eyes but a smile on her lips.

I smiled back at her.

I should still be mad at her...

I should still hate her for what she did...

But I don't.

I step closer to her and wrap her into a tight hug.

I feel her arms wrap around me in response and I know.

I know.

I'm okay.

She's okay.

We're okay.

We'll be okay.