Confession

"Good morning ma'am."
"Hey, Michael. How are you?" Evelyn asks.
"I'm fine. Did you sleep here?"
"Not really. I went home late and came back very early." She checks the time on her phone. "You are here early. Why?"
"My nanny and I had to get something and we were passing here, so I decided to come here instead going home before coming here. I thought Ryder would here by now." He sits opposite Evelyn.
"Its just 8:45. He'll soon be here. He is trying and needs to rest. I feel like he more anxious than I am."
"He just loves Sage, that's all."
"True, the same day she says yes is the same day she has this accident. I can only imagine how he feels."
"Good morning." Ryder says. He looks at Mike. "You're here early." He sits beside Mike.
"I was around and decided to drop by." Mike responds.
"Okay. Aunt how are you feeling?" Ryder asks Evelyn.
"I'm fine. Hope you slept well? How's your mom."
"I did. My mom is fine, she just needs to attend to my dad and brother. She'll be here later."
"Okay. I'll be in the restroom." Evelyn excuses herself.
"So are we cool or did you just pretend to be yesterday?" Mike asks.
"We are cool. I've learnt a lot from Sage. Anger is not the answer. I'm sorry for how I behaved towards you." Ryder says.
"That's okay."
"Hey boys." Starr says as she and Adley arrive.
"I can see you two are getting along." Adley says. She and Starr joins them on the chair.
"Ya we are." Ryder replies.
"Are you the only ones here?" Starr asks.
"No Aunt Evelyn is here. She just went to the restroom." Mike says.
"Okay. We came with Mr. Carter but he just needed to attend to something." Starr says.
"Is that Jordan and Nathan?" Adley asks as she sees them from afar.
"I think so." Starr says
"Woah, I didn't think they would visit again." Adley says.
"Come on. I know you are happy to see Jordan." Starr whispers to Adley. Adley blushes more.
"Good morning people." Jordan says while Nathan smiles. "What is he doing here?" Jordan asks referring to Mike.
"Well his car was used in the accident." Starr says.
"If he did it, why is he here?" Jordan asks.
"He didn't do it. He lent his car to Ella." Adley replies
"So you mean Ella did it?" Nathan asks.
"We ain't sure yet."Starr replies.
"What about the blood transfusion has it been done yet?" Jordan asks.
"No." Adley replies.
"Wait ma'am Evelyn's own didn't match too?" Jordan asks.
"How do you know that Mr. Carter couldn't donate?" Starr asks.
"I was there. Nathan and I were about to leave but didn't leave because Mr. Carter came back and said what he said." Everyone gives the I didn't notice look. "Wait you didn't notice?"
"Not really." Adley says.
"Okay. So doesn't she have any other relative? Or can't anyone else donate?"  Nathan asks as he sits down.
"Well she's O negative, that's rare." Starr says.
"Well her brother is in Paris, but will be here before Tuesday." Adley says.
Jordan sits.
Within 30 minutes Carter, Mia, Sheila and Holly arrive at the hospital. Evelyn prepares herself to say what she has to say. She wishes the children weren't there but she couldn't send them back, they would still hear it anyway. She has been in the restroom for close to 45 minutes. She begins to muster up courage to walk out. She rinses her face and walks out.

"Evelyn, how are you?" Holly asks.
"Evelyn, why do you look nervous?" Mia asks.
"I have something to say."

In Paris.....
"Sky, get ready." Adrian says as he walks to the living only to see Sky looking worried and worn out on the couch eating cookies.
"Why? Are we going out? I can't go out in this condition. I need to see Sage."
"We can fly back this evening. I was able to book a flight last night." He joins Sky on the chair and takes out of the cookies and eats.
"Oh that's wonderful. I'll start getting ready. By what time do we leave?"
"Our flight is by 8pm."
"That's great."
"I'm trying to call Mia." He puts a call across to Mia.

In L.A......
"We are waiting, Evelyn." Carter says.
Mia's phone rings.
"Hold on." She searches her bag, gets her phone and picks the call. "Its Adrian."
📞 Hey babe.
Hi love. How are you?
I'm good. How are you?
I'm good. Sky and I would be flying back to L.A this evening, our flight is by 8pm, so we'll be there before tomorrow.
Really? That's good news. I'll pass the message.
Alright. See you soon. I love you.
Love you to. 📞
"What did he say?" Sheila asks
"He said they'll be here before tomorrow. Their flight is by 8pm."
"Lovely." Sheila says.
"Evelyn, you have our attention." Carter says which makes her more nervous.
"You are not Sage's father." Evelyn begins.
"I think we cleared that up already." Carter interrupts.
"Let her speak." Holly says.
"You are her....her......her." She stutters .
"I'm losing my patience." Carter says.
"Carter." Holly sternly.
"Her..her..un.....un..cle." She stutters again.
"I'm sorry speak up Evelyn." Holly says.
"You are...her...uncle."
"How dare you?" Carter stands up in anger to hit her but Holly holds him.
Jace walks in with Zayn.
"Hi Holly." Jace says.
"Who are you?" Carter says in anger.
"Calm down. He is my husband, Jace. And my son Zayn." Holly says as she lets go of Carter and walks to Jace and Zayn.
"What's going on?" Jace whispers to Holly.
"I'll explain later." She whispers back.
"Which of my brother?" Carter asks Evelyn.
"Ian." Evelyn says and cries the more. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
"How could you? So Ian is the father of Sage and not me? You lied to me all this while." Everyone looks at Evelyn in shock and disgust. "He is my brother for crying out loud."
"Why don't we call him?" Holly asks
"He is dead." Carter says as he sits and cries.
"What about Sage? This means Sky's blood may not match." Ryder says.
"We'll give it a shot." Mike says.
"You are a demon." Carter says while Evelyn runs back to the restroom to cry. "If Sage dies, she will die."
"This is bad Holly. How could she do such a thing? Now her daughter's life is in danger." Jace whispers to Holly.
Zayn goes to meet his brother. "Ryder calm down. She'll be fine." Zayn whispers
"I hope so." Ryder whispers and cries more and tears roll down his eyes. "How's Anna?" They keep whispering.
"She is fine. She sends her regards. She says she'll be here after school tomorrow. Take it easy. What about the police? What's their lead now?"
"Earlier Mike and Mr. Carter called the detectives and gave them Ella's address." Ryder says.
"Good. I nearly believed Mike did it." He looks round. "Everyone is so quiet and shocked."
"True."Ryder says.

Knock knock.
A lady opens the door for two detectives.
"How may I help you?"
"I'm detective Joe Barnes and this is detective Mary Walters, we are here to speak with Ella Gray."
"I'm her mother. Is there a problem?" Kate says.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Author's note
Thanks for you reads and votes.
Please like, vote, comment and share.
The book is coming to and end. I hope you all love it.