Chapter 2

We finally arrived at the new house and had officially unpacked the last box. I have to say, mom did good on picking the house. It was ginormous!

It was a white two-story track home with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. My room was on the top story and consisted of a queen sized bed, a desk and chair, some lamps, my computer, some clothes, ect. My mom's room was across from mine and was filled with pretty much the same things. The other two rooms were turned into a library/office and a random room. Really! We've moved so much that we've collected different types of furniture and nick knacks. I guess you could call it a guest room, but it looks nothing like a typical guest room. We had pretty much filled the whole house with our stuff and we were both exhausted.

Still, mom had to check into her new work and I needed to go shopping, so we both hopped into her car and she dropped me off at the mall.

I had some money saved up from various jobs at the hospital and pound and I was ready to buy some new clothes!

Clicking on by in my stiletto boots I had got for Christmas last year, I walked into the first clothing store I could find, American Eagle.

Flipping through the racks, I found a few things I wanted but settled on finally buying a pair of jeans and a sweater. I was about to go into one of the changing rooms, but a black haired bitch cut me off and then walked in the last room.

Grumbling I stood outside waiting.

"Hey." a light brown haired guy wearing a beanie nodded towards me.

I glanced at him and mumbled, "Hi."

"I'm Alex."

'And you're too friendly' my mind added.

"Uhm. I'm Abigail." I responded, not really caring too much.

He attempted to make conversation, "Er. Waiting?"

"Yeah. And you?" I raised an eyebrow. He didn't have anything in hand, "Your not a peeper are you?"

He laughed causing his eyes to light up, "Peeper? Me? Nahhh."

I smirked, "You sure? You kinda look like one."

His brown eyes widened a bit, "What!?"

I laughed, "Relax. I won't tell."

He shook his head, moving his hair over to the side.

The same raven haired girl came out of the changing room holding a few clothes.

I instinctively glared at her.

"Uhm. Sorry bout that. I was in a rush... I kinda hate the mall." she apologized, blushing to me.

I shrugged, forgetting my anger. "No problem."

I turned around and started walking to the now empty changing room when the Alex guy ran up to me and handed me a piece of paper.

"Uhm... here's my number, If you ever want to hang out with us." He motioned towards the black haired girl.

"I'm Amy, by the way." She waved.

I glanced at the paper, "If you want to hang out then just wait for me to get done." I stated matter of factly.

Alex scratched the back of his head, "That's fine with me, but..."

He looked at Amy. She shrugged, "hey, as long as I don't have to try on any clothes, I'm fine."

I smiled, "Cool. I'll be out in a bit."

Quickly, I tried on the clothes and then decided to buy them. Once I got out, I followed Amy to the cash register and we bought our stuff.

"Sooo... what other stores are here?" I asked as we exited American Eagle.