𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈

【Monica's POV】

"Monica dear! Can you come down here please? I need to talk to you." I heard my dad calling me from downstairs.

"Coming, papa!" I replied then I hurriedly went on my way downstairs to meet with my dad.

I immediately sat down beside him and gave him a tight hug, which he responded to by hugging me back.

My dad and I are the only ones left, because my mom left us after she gave birth to me. From what I can remember, she ran away with a rich man, at least that's what my dad told me when I asked him 15 years ago.

"So why did you summon me for, papa?" I asked him.

"Well, I just want to inform you that I got a new job. But sadly, it's far away from here, it's in Vegas. And I've decided that it would be easier for the both of us if we just move to Vegas." He said with a sigh.

"It's okay, papa. I understand, I know it wouldn't be easy for the both of us if we would be apart from each other so I completely understand that we have to move places for you to pursue that new job of yours." I said smiling, assuring him that it's completely okay with me, which is a complete and utter lie.

Moving to Vegas will be a big change for me, specially because I was born and raised here in Cincinnati. I haven't been to Vegas before but from what I read on the internet, it's called the Sin City because basically, everything is legal. From gambling to prostitution, it's all legal and i've heard that it is also the home of one of the most powerful Mafia leader in the world.

"Well, great then. Pack your bags because we're leaving tomorrow. My new boss already prepared our new place there so it will be so much easier for us to settle in. He said that he will take care of us!" He said then gave me a gentle tap on the back before going to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

I still can't believe that we're leaving tomorrow and that I wouldn't even have the chance to say goodbye to my friends and to my boyfriend in person!

I told papa that i'm skipping dinner and quickly went back to my room. I just laid down on my bed as I felt my vision getting blurry and my cheeks starting to heat up. Am I going to cry? Well.. obviously.

I know i'm gonna miss Cincinnati, but maybe Vegas will open up new opportunities for me. Papa is getting old and I need to get a real job so I can help him financially. I'm an Instagram model/influencer, some brands pay me to model or promote their products but i'm not actually making a lot of money out of it.

Papa is a company driver, he's the most hardworking person that I know and I love him so much, he resigned from his previous job because him and his boss didn't get along too well. I don't know how he got a job in Vegas but he just did and we're actually moving tomorrow.

I decided that I should call and tell my friends, Charlotte and Sydney. I know that they'll be sad over this news and i'm not expecting any better from my boyfriend, they will all be devastated! I just need to talk to them, specially Zack.

I just hope that they'll understand why i'm gonna have to leave Cincinnati, i'm not expecting that they will be okay and supportive but at least they should know about it.

I FaceTimed Charlotte and Sydney first. Because I know that they'll be more understanding than Zack could ever be.

"Hey girls! How are you doing?" I asked them in a cheery tone.

I know this is very unusual of me, because in a normal conversation with them, I don't really ask about how are they doing, we just jump straight to spilling teas and gossiping. But today, it's different.