Chapter 1: Boredom

Millions of light-years away, there is a galaxy unlike any other. This galaxy is called The Backflip, and has the extraordinary star known as Deca-20. In Deca-20's solar system, there is this planet, a planet in which dragons, witches, wizards and the wildest of beasts live. This planet is Ladon, and the country in our interest is the Vale...

"This is boring," proclaims the young man to the only other soul in the room. "Why am I stuck here to study all these books; these big, boring, repetitive books."

"So you can be Blazing Gale's finest leader in history, with the highest level of mastery in fire and air magic," replies a voice from behind. The voice is then revealed to belong to an elderly man, with a white beard, elegant orange robes and a red hat.

"Grandfather, I've already fully mastered the magic of fire and air. Besides that, I know the entire Dragonarium list of dragons back to front, with the description scrolls embedded in my brain."

"There is always something fresh to develop your cerebellum. You still have a long way to go with the chemistry of your spells!"

"I guess..." sighs the young man.

The grandfather leaves the room, leaving the two to stay inside. The young man stares at his Blazing Gale dragon named Conflagrion, as it chomps away at a pile of fiery figs. "I'm soon going to go crazy from talking with a dragon all day," he scoffs. The young man then turns to his book, 'The Further Scorching Perplexities of Argon Fluorohydride: and how to manipulate it, Vol 3/11'.

After devouring three quarters of the book's contents, the young man stands up to see the Sun had pretty much gone down. Through a window, he sees a group of watch dragons scurry to the treat farms, to confront some lycan dragons that were stealing treats. "Lucky for those watch dragons it isn't pitch black yet," he chuckled to himself.

As he spent an hour admiring the view, the sky soon became pitch black. The watch dragons were still yapping on at the lycan dragons. Soon enough, the scrawny creatures develop muscular bodies, ferocious fangs and pale hair. This sight was enough to send the watch dragons speeding back the other direction. The young wizard who had witnessed all this felt somewhat sad for the watch dragons, but cleared that thought as he envied how they got to be free and do as they wish, unlike him who was overprotected by his grandfather.

Conflagrion comes to the young man's side, understanding his sadness. The Great Nogard is a very prestigious and reputable wizard, known for being Blazing Gale's current house leader. The young man can understand why such wizard has high expectations of his grandson, his one and only heir. It just seemed unfair to him, for why he was not allowed to interact with all the other witches and wizards.

The young wizard soon goes to bed, with no idea that this will be his last 'boring' night...