move houses

clueless.

just clueless.

you we're just a kid.

i mean, what could possibly go wrong?

stop imagining things that most likely will not happen.

----

hi, i'm y/n.

i have a bestfriend named zhong chenle, he meant family to me. while my mother was gone, he was there to replace her temporarily. i met him at the playground 9 years ago, we were 10.

he most likely played with his dog while his parents were talking.

we met when i fell on the swing, he came and helped me. he was quite a gentleman at his age. he was well-dressed, disciplined. i didn't know he was one of the richest families here.

he was the first one to introduce himself.

“hi! i'm zhong chenle! and you areee?”

i could still hear that squeaky, bubbly voice of his.

“i'm y/n, nice to meet you chenle!”

we shook hands and went to an empty table to talk about dogs and cats, lol ikr.

“i know this is the first day we met, but do you want to make a promise?” he smiled.

“what type of promise?” me confused.

“okay, repeat after me. i, will never leave you alone.” he promised.

“i, will never leave you alone.” i promised.

we both pinky-sweared at each other. smiling that we knew we we're going to be bestfriends for a loooong time.

then, his mom came and called him to go home. of course we said our goodbyes and went home.

until one day...

----

one morning, i heard a a looooot of packing.
it was from our neighbors house.

“pa, what is chenle doing outside?”

he kept his mouth shut.

i was getting a little annoyed because i'm that person who needs answers quickly.

and so i went outside to check what's happening, my dad running behind me.

my heart, broke.

chenle was crying while packing his stuff in the car.

“chenle! i thought we're not leaving each other?” i asked him while bawling my eyes out.

he didn't answer my question and went straight to the car.

i ran directly to the car, until i felt my dad grabbed me by the wrists.

“chenle-ya! why? i thought we promised!! we shouldn't break promises!!” i was crying hardly.

i barely can see anything but blur.

i heard the car getting ready, it was heading out of the house.

i screamed “chenle-ya!! i will find you someday!! you will not like it!!”

i was crying so hard, until i felt i wanted to puke.

----

you know, it's hard when someone promised that we'll never leave each other's side, but then proceeds to leave.

i kept silent the whole month. i didn't want to say anything at this point.

i felt completely alone, i only played with dolls and never left my room.

----

i wasn't that kid that was popular and knows all the names of the kids in our neighborhood.

i just played with toys and lock myself inside my room. until at one point, my mother told me, she'll work abroad.

i felt that i wanted to go outside more often. with my mom not telling me that i should stay inside, i left the house almost everyday just to meet chenle.

sadly, he's gone. gone, forever.