Epilogue

Thank you so much for reading my book.

Guess what you made it, you reached the end. 🎇🎉🥳🥳

And since you've made it this far why not go check out my other book: Where the road takes me.

Promise its good.
_________________________________

My alarm clock rang, waking me from a sleep that I wish could last forever.

I've gotten used to my routine. It goes something like; wake up on the floor sometimes in the bed (if I'm lucky) with bruises covering my body. Somedays I don't have to clean any blood from myself or the place I slept.

Make breakfast quickly before my husband wakes then take a shower so he doesn't have to see me in my 'revolting beaten up state' (according to him).

Then cake a whole lot of make up on so people from my morning yoga class don't see the bruises and cuts. Then head back home for the rest of the day then start cooking at around five thirty cause my husband gets back from work at six sometimes eight and expects to see dinner on the table.

I learned that the hard way.

Then after dinner that's when all the fun begins. Note the sarcasm.

After dinner Fredrick either gets pissed because the food was under cooked or the clothes weren't washed properly or the house is too dirty, its always one thing or another with him and if he doesn't beat me then he forces himself onto me.

Luckily before that he always overdoses on alcohol so I know it only lasts five minutes at best then he passes out.

Like I said. I've gotten used to this excruciating routine. But I hope to soon change it.

I head to the kitchen and make eggs and bacon with toast and OJ then quickly head to the shower before Fredrick wakes up. The shower is the one place in the house where Fredrick doesn't bother me. I don't know why but I'm not complaining.

I get out of the shower and wear my yoga pants, sports bra and a pair of black converse. I open the bedroom door then tiptoe my way to the front door.

Whenever I try to leave the house I always gotta be cautious cause the predator could pounce from the shadows at any moment like the animal it is.

"Where're you going." It's more like a statement than a question. "I'm off to my yoga class. Remember the one you said I should take." I say as I turn and face him.

"Mh." He says as he moves closer to me then puts his hands on my waist. "I'm just trying to listen to you cause I'm trying to change. To be more submissive." The last word burns my tongue.

I've never been submissive. I've always been a loose string. I don't submit to anyone.

"I hope you're not lying to me Violet. I'd hate to find out that you're cheating on me." He says as he rubs my cheek with his thumb.

Did I forget to mention he's a bit possessive. He believes that I 'belong' to him.

"Never. I love you. I'd never cheat on you." I say. He takes a step back then looks at me and for a minute I'm afraid that his gonna hit me. But instead he walks away.

I let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding then quickly open the door and get out.

I get in my car then drive as slow as possible to the gym where I do my yoga. Its a dreadful place. Where all the barbies meet.

I hate this place. But there's nothing I can do about that. Once ,a few weeks after Fredrick had signed me up for the class, I decided to skip it and go to the park instead for a bit of fresh air. I thought he wouldn't know. But of course the eagle is always watching. When I got home he taught me a very distinct lesson. Never again.

"Vi!" Someone shreaks as I enter the room. Ah shit.

"Hey there Cassy How you doing?" I say as I put on a fake smile. She ingulfs me in a hug then pulls me to sit down on one of the benches.

"You'd never guess what happened." She says excitedly.

"What? Your parents found you a wealthy husband?" I ask. She sqeauls then nods.

Cassy comes from a wealthy family and for the past few months they've been looking for a husband for her. She's not excited cause she's getting married. She's excited cause his rich.

"Cassady." Someone says from behind me. "Oh hey Tyler. Violet I'd like you to meet my best friend Tyler she says I turn around and as if in slow motion I see the most beautiful person I've ever seen.

"Hey how are you ." He says in an English accent as he grins, showing his perfect set of teeth. "Hi I'm..." I stop mid sentence as a thought comes to mind.

If Fredrick caught me talking to this guy he would not be happy.

"Um excuse me I need to go..do something over there." I say before quickly walking away.

I hate having to run away from every guy I meet cause of the fear of being hurt and possibly killed by my husband.

I can't take it anymore.
________________________________

ţһѧňҡs ғoя яєѧԀıňɢ.
💙