TEN

Today was the last day for y/n in this part of town. The last day she'd work at the library. The last day she'd live in this apartment. It all hit her at once as she woke up. College life was closer than she thought. In less than 24 hours, she would be off to her new home. The college dorms. She got the chance to talk to her roommate last night and noticed how much of a nonchalant chill person she is. Yet y/n doesn't know what she looks like.

Y/N made sure she had everything packed and that she didn't forget anything so tomorrow would just flow like an autumn breeze. Excited to experience her first college day. She, of course, had to go to work. No hard feelings for it though, it was her second to last day. Those days are always the best. Only working 6 hours and she was off to anything she wanted which mainly only consisted of just staying home and staring at her outfit for tomorrow.

"Y/N that guy is here again whatever his name is," Kyong informed as y/n knew exactly who it was.

Sprinting up from behind the counter to see Renjun enter and searching the nearby shelves. He went towards the children's fiction books which confused y/n. What exactly was he doing in the children's section y/n thought to chuckle to herself?

"What are you doing over here?" Y/N asked in a joking manner.

"I can't still be a child at heart? Just joking, I find some inspiration in the illustrations in the books. And I also came to see you. Are you doing anything after you're off?" Renjun questioned picking out a random book. A Wrinkle in Time. A classic well knew and awarded books. Everyone knows about it or seen the movie. Books always hold a better version being compared to a film or copy.

"I'm just going to be procrastinating most likely. What do you have in mind?" Y/N answered helping Renjun find some books with astronomical illustrations.

"Maybe just being with you. For the entire day." Renjun states stepping closer to y/n. Personal space had no definition when it came to Renjun. Y/N didn't mind when he would get close. Mind that they've cuddled last night. That's as close that y/n thought they'd get.

"So you'll be willing to help me pack the rest of my things is what I'm hearing?" Y/N teased getting a smile in reaction.

"If it means I'm with you, yes." Renjun flirted.

Renjun lifted y/n's chin with his index finger. Gazing into her eyes drawing y/n into his compelling spell. Y/N had forgotten that she was at work and had to work. Kyong hadn't noticed y/n being set into a trance. Continuing to help the guest in the library and check out their books. Thinking that y/n was scanning some books for the website to let guests know that they had the book.

"I'll let you get back to work, I'll probably sleep over there soon." Renjun states pointing towards the chill & quiet area.

Y/N had worked the rest of her shift clocking out after Kyong checked to see if there was anything else he may have needed. Renjun walked along with y/n to her home talking of random things. Aliens, supernatural beings, and conspiracy theories. Renjun helping y/n with anything that she needs at the apartments.

Renjun wondered how he'd come clean about the secret that y/n didn't know. As she was leaving tomorrow for college, he wasn't sure if he could see her tomorrow. Not knowing when she was going to leave, he had to say it now or never. The anxiousness building causing his plans to sweat, breath hitching and it suddenly became hot. The evening breeze sweeping into the apartment as the two had just finished packing. Y/N wiped her hands on her pants exhaustedly, heaving a sigh of relief.

Y/N wasn't worried about anything. The college coated all her thoughts. What did college have in store for y/n? Zipping up the last bag and setting it on the side of her front door. All her bags and suitcases were by her front door. The furniture was all given away or sold to some nearby neighbors. She was going to be sleeping on a sleeping bag for the night. The air felt more breathable to y/n now that all the furniture was gone. The two sat on the living room floor playing music from their phones and simply staring at each other. Humming along to the soft r&b melody consuming each other's energies. This was soothing and appealing.

"Why did you chose to move into an apartment with a roomie instead of getting a dorm?" Y/N asks remembering why he didn't seem so hyped for college. She knew that he was going later explains why he came to help her.

"I didn't want to live under the school's strict rules. I can just do whatever I want in my apartment. Their rules are less stressful." Renjun answering bobbing his head to the music.

"Understandable. You should really stop by my dorm whenever you have the chance." Y/N suggests.

Renjun's nerves overworked him hearing that offer from y/n. As much as he wanted to, he had no choice but to refuse. Renjun dropped his head, heaving a sigh. It made y/n question several things. Her jubilant facial expression fell noticing the tenacity they've grown inevitably.

"Y/N," Renjun said.

"Hmm?" Y/N hummed getting a bad feeling from him calling her name.

"I'm sorry, but I can't see you. I'm not going to the same college as you. I'm moving back to China for my parents. I really don't mean to upset you at all." Renjun confessed shocking y/n.

Y/N thought she was gullible realizing he's always avoided the question when she asked. She couldn't just take a hint because the only thing she could focus on was the feelings she had for him. Y/N was hurt. Knowing that all her feelings had to be dumped because long-distance relationships don't work. Both of them knew that. Y/N didn't react well to the confession.

"I liked you. You made me fall for you and you knew you'd leave me!" Y/N argued, tears forming in her eyes.

"It wasn't like that y/n." Renjun tried to claim his innocence but failed miserably.

"Yes, it is. It's clear as day Renjun. Why did you do it then? Bring me up so high just to drop me? It doesn't make sense Renjun." Y/N questioned.

Y/N really liked Renjun. She knew herself it was too much but felt it was safe since he may still be in the city. That all was just an illusion to y/n. She was fooled this entire time. Y/N never got what she wanted at the end of this summer break. Having lost Jaemin right when she was starting to find interest then Renjun after. Cute guys must not be a thing for y/n. They just always end up as failures. Renjun left her apartment after giving her an apology and a hug. She didn't want to hug back but she did. Y/N wasn't prepared for college anymore.